17

There were men with cameras everywhere

There were men with cameras everywhere. When it was said that Ahzaiyah was a huge celebrity, it meant people would fly all the way to another country to get pictures of her and those who didn't fly in, certainly came out of the woodworks.

Aries looked over to her and he could see the frozen look on her face.

Shock

Sure she was used to the paparazzi but not here, not in Jamaica. This was her safe space, this was where she came to be away from it all and now that was ruined. Her beautiful picture perfect evening was ruined by grown adults who chased after people with cameras hoping to get a picture so they could sell to make a living.

Pathetic

He finally matured from his own fright and looked at her again, tears were welling up in her eyes and she was breathing hard. He started the car and pulled out of the lot. He sped down countless roads until they were no longer following him or in their eye line.

He parked the car in a random parking lot and checked in her.

"I just had a panic attack," she said mouthed, still visibly shaking with tears streaming down her face

He took her hands into his and pressed a soft kiss on her knuckles all while maintaining eye contact.

"If you want to go home now we can, we'll just order in, watch a movie, we can even watch one a di likkle foo-fool cartoon dem weh yuh always a watch!" He said in a low optimistic voice

She coughed and held her held down visibly trying to calm her self down. He didn't know what to do in the situations and his chest was getting tight from seeing her like this. He'd never seen someone have a panic attack and he certainly never attempted to calm down someone who was going through that.

"Zai," he whispered and wiped the tears off her cheek

She certainly let him be more open to being vulnerable and patient than anyone else has. With her, Aries understands that going blank is not always the best option. He had certainly learned to exercise patience even more especially since you needed a great deal of it to be around her.

"Zai," He called her again and she finally looked at him

"This wasn't supposed to happen, they aren't supposed to be here!" She said stuttering after each word

She had never experienced having paparazzi in Jamaica before. Jamaica was her safe place and a refuge she could run back to whenever overseas got too stressful. And now, that feeling was gone

THE NEXT MORNING

She woke up to yelling and screaming. She got up, got ready and went to the source of disturbance. She saw her brother, Aries, and Mahalia.

When Mahalia saw her she immediately walked up to her and started making sure she was okay

"Yuh alright? Yuh shoulda claat him wid di vehicle enuh as a matter of fact — she paused and turned to Aries

"Why yuh neva lick dem dung?"

"It's fine, I'm fine, it just took me by shock is all!" She said in a upbeat manner

She walked over to Aries who was  deeply interested in his phone. She walked over and tried to see what he doing but he moved it.

"A fi wi phone?" He asked in a joking manner

She turned away upset but he pulled her back in.

"A joke me a mek calm nuh b," he tried to resolve

She pushed him off and rolled her eyes. She walked over to the fridge and took out some milk and went to the cupboards for her cereal.

"Did you eat my froot loops? She asked while glaring at him

"Mi neva think yuh want it suh mi-

Before he could finish she threw the box at him and left di room.

"A dis mek mi fraid a ooman enuh yuh can neva really—
Before Alakai could continue his rant, she re-entered the room

"Look guys, thank you for coming over but Aries and I need to talk about what happened last night,"

"Wait wah happen last night?" Alakai paused and stood up straighter

Ahzaiyah gave him a look and he rolled his eyes. Mahalia instantly understood and made them leave.

She waited until they had completely left and then went back to the kitchen

"A wah happen last night?" Aries asked just as confused

"Nothing happened, but I don't need my brother in my business." She finished

LATER THAT DAY

Ahzaiyah was on the phone with Mahalia and she was listening to her complain about Alakai. Zai was laying down on Aries' chest and his arm wrapped around her while he was on the game. He didn't make his presence known given the topic of the situation.

"Cause how me fi tell yuh seh me hungry and yaah guh tell me seh yuh hope me get suhm fi eat?" Mahalia complained

"Like hope can nyam, man anuh shit girl!" She said adjusting herself on his chest

She reached for a fry from the box of food that was beside them and then continued. From the corner of her eye she could see Aries give her a look which spoke volumes in calling her a hypocrite but she didn't care.

"I'll order you food, leff di bwoy and come deh wid me," she said opening 7krave

"A chat yuh deh yah suh a chat mi? Mi grow wid two ooman enuh b, mi know seh hope cyaah nyam" she heard her brother say in the background and she took that as her cue to leave.