Mare in the Moon - Part 1

A beautiful book with a golden unicorn head on the center was lying in the grass waiting to be opened. This book was not like any other book, it held the story of something unique, something...magical. The book opened to reveal the first page that read,

"Once upon a time..."

In the magical land of Equestria. There were two regal sisters who ruled together and created harmony for all the land. To do this, the eldest used her unicorn powers to raise the sun at dawn. The younger brought out the moon to begin the night. Thus, the two sisters maintained balance for their kingdom and their subjects, all the different types of ponies. But as time went on, the younger sister became resentful. The ponies relished and played in the day her elder sister brought forth, but shunned and slept through her beautiful night. One fateful day, the younger unicorn refused to lower the moon to make way for the dawn. The elder sister tried to reason with her, but the bitterness in the young ones heart had transformed her into a wicked mare of darkness, Nightmare Moon! She vowed that she would shroud the land in eternal night. Reluctantly, the elder sister harnessed the most powerful magic known to ponydom, the Elements of Harmony! Using the magic of the Elements of Harmony, she defeated her younger sister, and banished her permanently in the moon. The elder sister took on responsibility for both sun and moon, and harmony has been maintained in Equestria for generations since.

A purple unicorn whose mane and tail was of a deep purple color and has a streak of pink and a streak of dark purple in it, was reading through the book. She had a cutie mark that was in the shape of a pink star with other smaller white stars around it. Her purple eyes were full of curiosity as she read the book. "Hmm, Elements of Harmony. I know I've heard of those before, but where?"

The purple unicorn put away the book in her book bag

The purple unicorn put away the book in her book bag. She stood up and put the bag on her side, then she walked off to head back to the Canterlot library. Before she could get any further, three unicorns approached her. The purple unicorn stopped in front of them a bit confused.

"There you are Twilight, Moon Dancer is having a little get-together in the west castle courtyard. You wanna come?" The white unicorn with pink hair asked as she smiled. Twilight Sparkle was taken aback by this in invitation. "Oh sorry girls, I got a lot of studying to catch up on." Twilight smiled nervously before taking off in a run down the road.

The three unicorns watched her run off. The white unicorn let out a sigh with slight irritation shown on her face. "Does that pony do anything except study? I think she's more interested in books than friends." The three unicorns turned and walked away to get ready for the get-together.

Twilight Sparkle continued running as her thoughts were racing in her mind. "I know I've heard of the Elements of Harmony." She said to herself. Twilight ran past two unicorns and one of them waved to her hoping to get a wave back. However, Twilight was in such a rush, she did not pay attention to the unicorns, and did not wave back. They were a bit upset at how she had completely ignored them.