Mare in the Moon - Part 2

Twilight Sparkle and Spike had left the library after reading the scroll. They both left Canterlot in a golden chariot that was being pulled by two pegasi guards. As they were being pulled through the sky in the chariot, Spike continued to read the scroll. "My dear Twilight, there is more to a young pony's life than studying, so I'm sending you to supervise the preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration in this years location, Ponyville. And I have an even more essential task for you to complete, make some friends." Twilight groaned at the thought of making friends. That was something that she did not want to do.

"Look on the bright side Twilight. The Princess arranged for you to stay in a library. Doesn't that make you happy?" Spike said while trying to lift her spirits. Twilight suddenly jolted up smiling, "yes, yes it does. You know why? Because I'm right. I'll check on the preparations as fast as I can. Then get to the library to find some proof of Nightmare Moons return." "Then...when will you make friends like the Princess said?" Spike asked as the chariot that they were riding in started to descend to the ground with Ponyville in sight.

"She said to check on preparations. I am her student, and I'll do my royal duty, but the fate of Equestria does not rest on me making friends." Twilight finished just as the pegasi landed their chariot on the grounds of Ponyville. There were ponies walking in all different directions, and the houses were lined up one against another in all different ways. This made Ponyville seem like a lively town with lots of things going on.

The two pegasi guards reared and neighed signaling that Twilight and Spikes chariot ride was over as they had reached their destination. "Thank you sirs." Twilight said to them before turning to walk off with Spike. "Maybe the ponies in Ponyville have interesting things to talk about." The purple dragon said in hopes that Twilight would make at least one friend.

A pink earth pony was happily walking through Ponyville when she came across Twilight and Spike. She had a light pink coat and dark pink curly hair accompanied by her big blue eyes and a cutie mark that has three balloons. The pony stopped in front of them when Spike had started to say something. "Come on Twilight, just try." Twilight looked at the pink pony nervously before saying, "uh...hello?" The pink pony suddenly gasped loudly as she jumped into the air with a purely shocked expression on her face. She quickly darted away without saying a word leaving Twilight and Spike surprised by her sudden action.

"Well that was interesting alright." The unicorn walked off with Spike following behind who sighed in defeat at the attempted friendship with the pink pony. The two made their way down a dirt path to a place in Ponyville that resembled a farm. There were crops everywhere, lots of apple trees, a chicken coop, some pigs, and a big red barn in the center of the farm.

Spike took out a scroll and started to read it. "Summer Sun Celebration, official overseers checklist. Number one, banquet preparations, Sweet Apple Acres." They entered the farm and looked around. "Yeehaw!" Twilight and Spike looked over to see an orange earth pony with yellow hair tied at the ends. She had green eyes, a cutie mark with three red apples, and she was wearing a brown cowgirl hat. The earth pony ran over to an apple tree, then she turned and bucked the tree behind her. The apples that were once on the tree fell off from it being shaken so hard. There were five buckets lined around the tree and the apples fell directly into the buckets. The orange pony crossed her right leg in front of her left leg proudly for the work she had done.

 The orange pony crossed her right leg in front of her left leg proudly for the work she had done