Wings || Shigitodo

Story: During a mission, Todoroki gets badly injured. However he refuses to let anyone help him.

!! AU : Todoroki has a wing quirk ( much like hawks )
Warnings: Blood/injuries, Fluff
Word Count: 2043

Narrator pov

"Has he not come out yet?" Dabi asks a bit amusingly. "He's practically moved in at this point."

Tomura only rolled his eyes and continued to stare at the bathroom door from his seat.

During their mission, Endeavor had made an unexpected appearance.

Of course he went straight to attacking his own son. Todoroki managed to fend him off --due to years of training with him-- but still took some critical hits.

Mainly his wings had gotten heavily burnt.

Now the thing about his wings is that they're extra sensitive. He can hear and feel from his wings. Even with just the feathers.

Something similar to how an animal's instincts and hearing are advanced compared to humans.

So he absolutely refused any contact when it came to his wings.

Tomura himself had only been allowed to touch a few feathers that had fallen out of his wings.

Despite years of knowing Todoroki he'd never been allowed to directly touch his wings.

So the minute Todoroki got into the base he went to the bathroom and locked the door. That's where he has been for the last 3 hours.

Due to the injuries being on his back there was no way he'd be able to patch himself up.

Tomura figured he was aware of that and spent his time mentally preparing.

Preparing to have to finally let some of his guards down and let a special person help him.

For the past 3 hours everyone has had their turn to try and convince Todoroki to come out. If the wound was left untreated for a long period of time it could become infected.

And pain killers were practically non-existent in the base so Todoroki must be in excruciating pain.

Just the thought that his partner was struggling right now made him shiver.

He hated how Todoroki closed himself off like this. Recon, he does the exact same thing. But regardless Todoroki should open up more often.

As if he could hear Tomura's thoughts, his caretaker spoke up "I'm sure young Todoroki is fine. He'll come out when he's ready"

Tomura turned his attention to Kurogiri who was adjusting the drinks he'd set up.

"I don't like knowing he's in pain.. Why won't he just let me in?" Tomura asked sounding angry but in reality felt sad at the fact that Todoroki didn't trust him despite years of knowing each other and being in a relationship.

The mist villain felt happy that Tomura cared so much for Todoroki. That someone had been able to break down all the walls Tomura had set around him.

"From what Todoroki has told me, he doesn't like his quirk. Not just because of how sensitive his wings truly are."