ONE.

---

The ride to Le Viour Academy was confusing. After a long time on the lay-by figuring out the route with me, my family driver was able to locate the secluded campus with the instructions included in my letter. But this must be a small price to pay for being highly exclusive and lucrative, accepting only the one percent of society.

Leaning back into the plush velvet backseat of the car, I mulled over Eli's words back at the void.

"SS, I want you to know that not only is this the last time loop, but also your last mission."

It's hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that this is the last mission I'll carry out. Or that this is the final time loop.

But if I were to finish it, I'd have to keep to myself for the most part-I have a feeling Eli wouldn't like it if she knew I told anyone else. It's best if no one knows anyway, for it would only escalate into a huge, uncontrollable mess.

Just as I did in any other time loop, I had to be perfect. My image had to be the perfect girl who knows what to do, knows what to say, knows everything. In short, I had to be a model student, a scion of noble blood.

Eli had arranged for her relatives to act as my parents in this time loop. So I was known as SS, the daughter of Septpian royalty. So far, they treated me well enough; they gave me everything I needed.

But then again, I was not Eli, nor will I ever be her. I'm only here for a mission, anyway.

"Miss, we're here," the driver announced, stopping just right at the grand front door of the academy. I thanked him and got off, clutching my small muted pink suitcase.

From the outside, Le Viour looked like a palace. A high-standing, dignified wall of impeccable brickwork shielded by coal-colored shingles meticulously laid in a perfect row and gaping, dusty windows greeted me, complemented by an ethereal landscape of shrubs and trees that could not easily be replicated by anyone. Behind the grand campus was a backdrop of an enigmatic grayish blue sky that never tells if it was going to rain or not.

Hundreds of cars, obviously expensive, were scattered across the roundabout driveway that had a jovial grand fountain as a centerpiece. Everyone was already by the front porch, pooling in towards the already open grand doors, that unveiled a foyer that was the epitome of pure opulence.

Gold was the light that enveloped the foyer, with checkerboard flooring, lush red velvet carpets that lined marble stairs that led to a single balcony, wooden panel walls that had oil paintings on almost every inch, and a giant crystal chandelier that hung from a gilded ceiling.

As I've heard, Le Viour was the prime school of choice for parents of the one percent to send their children to, so of course it had to look the part of being a highly classy school.

But as much as it was grand and classy, I felt like they've overdone it.

As I entered the foyer, a strong aroma of ginseng wafted in the air. Teenagers clad in tastefully tailored outfits milled about, conversing amongst themselves, until a voice spoke from the intercom a short while after.

"To all first-year initiates, kindly line up in single file and go to Room 256. Thank you."

I took out the envelope and searched for a map of Le Viour's interior, and located a map which detailed how to get to Room 256 from the foyer. It was quite the long walk, but I had trained to endure long distances and arduous paths.