II - One of Us is Broken Glass

"This is LAPD!"A loud voice boomed from the other side of the door, the doorknob turning, attempting to open

"Shit," Noah mumbled, looking around the hallway frantically. He stood up, searching for something before he stared down at me, an idea clicking in his mind. Noah tore his sweater off, along with his black tank top underneath, leaving him shirtless before me.

"What the hell are you doing!" I whisper-yelled, looking up at him with furrowed brows.

"Kiss me," He said, kneeling in front of me again, complete distress and fear glazing over his eyes.

"Excuse me?" I now yelled, a little too loud as the door below us rattled again.

"LAPD! Open up!"

"I need you to kiss me, please," Noah's eyes bore into my own as he begged, "Trust me, just this once, please Y/N."

NOAH

NOAH

As I walked down the sidewalk, my earbuds blaring, I scoped the houses Y/N and I walked by earlier. Some of them still had lights on despite how late it was, so I decided to keep walking further until I found a cul de sac, splayed with townhouses. I pulled the ski mask over my head, tucking the bottom of my hair into the back of my hoodie. Tightening the backpack straps around my shoulders, my eyes scanned each house, looking through the outsides until I landed on one right at the top. A lamp dimly lit the living room, and as I walked by, I could hear a cat crying at the door. Usually, I avoided houses with lights, but I felt drawn to this one. Was it the cat? I was always a fan of them.

As I approached the front door and checked for cameras, I listened to the feline crying on the other side. When I placed my hand on the knob and turned it, the cat immediately trilled in greeting.

No one is home, and the cat is waiting for their owner. Jackpot.

I sighed to myself, deciding that this was the house I'd chosen tonight. Maybe, I could squeeze in some cat-petting dopamine before the trail of guilt sets in.