Situation

"Shit..."

I muttered, while pacing around my small apartment. I need blood, but what's even worse is that I have no one to get it from. Usually my friend, Luca, would be here to offer me blood if I needed it. Telling him about my vampire state was probably my best choice made. The only downside is that he's currently out of town with his girlfriend, so there's no one for me to turn to.

I stop pacing, taking a moment to breathe and try to think of a solution instead of the problem. It's been just over a week since I last fed on blood. If I don't get some soon, I could either go into a bloodlust state and attack anyone who comes near me, or I could just do that while isolated and die. Not very enticing, I think. I sigh, leaning against a wall to take a deep breath. I can just go outside and find someone... Right? It should be easy, I think. I stand away from the wall now, walking towards my front door. I grab my keys, put on some combat boots and a black leather coat before leaving my apartment. The smell of cigarette smoke fills my nose, and I cough. As a vampire, many of my senses and capabilities have been heightened. My sense of smell and hearing have been heightened, along with gaining the ability to see better in the dark, added strength and faster healing.

As I keep walking, a scent catches me off guard. It's sweet, like sugar. No, less concentrated... Like fruit juice. But a bit different, better, even. I keep walking until it becomes so strong that my mouth is practically watering. In front of me is a human, casually leaning against the outside wall of a nice bar. He's in his early twenties, with red hair tied back into a low ponytail. Not red like orange hair, but red as in a bright, strawberry red. He wears a tight black sleeveless turtleneck and black jeans, a silver chain on the side and black leather combat boots. I can't help but admire his outfit, before I snap out of it and realise he's staring at me. I pause, thinking what to say.

"Um... My apologies, for staring."

The man simply stared at me before shrugging, a warm smile coming across his face.

"No worries. I get a lot of head turns now. Is it perhaps my hair?"

I blushed a bit, smiling.

"Possibly. Or your unique style."

I gestured to his outfit with a small smirk.

"Hm. Could be."

The man smiled once more, crossing his arms and facing me, still leaning against the wall.

"So, what's your name?"

(Author note:

Hi! This first chapter is just a small test run, I'll write more as soon as I can!)