Chapter 3 - Restless nights always brings me back to you

I decided to add music to this chapter to cover up how terribly I've written it LMAO (Shoto is my spirit animal)

•⛲︎───✧❅✦❅✧───⛲︎•

Having been tossing around in his bed all night, Neuvilette rocked up to work, half dead with a significantly dark rim under his eyes. He yawned, a full-hearted, full-mouth yawn and just at the right time, the cafe door chimed.

"Hello, welcome to Caf-"

"NEUVILLETTE WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU- ...I mean, you alright? You look like you just rose from a coffin..."

"Yawn, I'm fine, thanks for the concern, Wriothesley, tea as usual? The baguettes are back in stock now too."

Wriothesley nodded, but his face still showed his undying worry for Neuvillette. Did he even sleep last night?

Not wanting to cause more trouble, Wriothesley slid his card on the counter to be scanned. He looked back up at Neuvillette's eyes, dark, lifeless, tired as fuck...

"Be sure to take a nap after your shift, Neuvillette, If you hold up any longer, you'll become a panda instead of an otter."

Neuvillette made a quiet, heartily giggle and nodded,

"Guess I will, oh I really need a nap right now..."

"You work at a cafe, Neuvi, go make yourself a cup, I'll pay for it."

"It's fine..."

"I INSIST!"

Neuvillette looked up at Wriothesley, his persistent face drives him crazy, it's like a manipulation method specially designed for Neuvillette. He really couldn't help but nod but all he could give back was a small smile of appreciation.

As Neuvillette scanned the card again, his eyes wandered up to Wrio's, only to shoot back down at the slightest eye contact, his cheeks flushing up slightly.

The cafe started piling up with people and Wriothesley stood to the side as Neuvillette served the rest of the customers. Seeing how warmly Neuvillette greeted the other customers, Wriothesley's insides fired up, and a sudden annoyance caught him. He crossed his arms and leaned further back onto the wall, glaring at a woman who was leaning up against the counter. Even though the chatter of the cafe muted Wrio's ability to hear the conversation, just by seeing the look on the woman's face, she was flirting.

How dare she. Neuvillette could be his and his only, nobody can- wait... what?

His face cringed at the thought, how could he fall for his barista? Neuvillette seemed like the straightest straight the world of straights could ever have... or so he thought.

From a young age, Wrio has been closest friends with Clorinde, so close to the point that she was the only person he trusted. They shared interests, and even ended up working for the same police station, everyone thought they were dating. Everyone expected them to be dating. Only Clorinde knew Wiothesley was gay, as she accidentally found out about his high school crush years ago.

As the woman from the counter was led to her seat by a waitress, Wrio glared at her again, his gaze only softening to the gentle smile Neuvillette gave him as he handed Wriothesley his tea and baguettes neatly packed in a brown paper bag.

Right after Wriothesley turned to leave, He felt a tug at his sleeve, and his heart stopped.

"Wait! When are you free today??"

Neuvillette spurted out his words, but it was merely clear enough to understand what he was saying.

"I'm not sure if I'll have to work overtime today, but I'll call you when I'm done, why?"

I Like Me a Nice Cup of Coff- Tea (Wriolette)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें