Chapter 4 - Malewife Material

•⛲︎───✧❅✦❅✧───⛲︎•

The doorbell glared at Wriothesley menacingly, Wrio stared back as he pushed his finger onto the button, followed by a short piano melody that played within the apartment. Neuvillette's eyes lit up as the first few notes of Canon in D played; Wrio was here.

There was a heavy feeling, the air was tense on both sides of the door, Neuvillette turned the handle and the lock clicked, causing Wrio to take half a step back.

The door creaked open to a silence. An awkward one, soon broken from both sides clearing their throats in sync.

Neuvillette's eyes wandered around, landing anywhere but in direct contact with Wriothesley. It took a moment for him to come back to earth and step aside from the door to let the guest - whom he invited - inside.

Wrio just nodded awkwardly and walked in. Their eyes soon met together, and the tension suddenly sky peaked and erupted into laughter.

"Oh, the silence was so loud,"

Wrio snickered out with a grin, on the other side Neuvillette was laughing into his fist and looking into the corner of his vision. Wrio's laugh turned to a small chuckle as they fell silent again, but this time it was a comfortable silence, the tension dropped tenfold after the laugh.

Wriothesley looked down at Neuvillette who was letting out his final giggle with that smile so soft it sounded slightly feminine. A weak grin appeared across Wriothesley's face which he soon became aware of and coughed it away.

"So... why did you call me here?"

Neuvillette's smile slowly faded as he looked back down to the corner of the floor,

"I just wanted to ask you about something... it's a bit personal so you don't have to answer..."

Wriothesley's head tilted sideways like how a dog does but let Neuvillette continue.

"Wriothesley do you- *sigh* oh right right take a seat first!"

They strode to the living room and sat down on the sofas next to each other and Neuvillette spoke again,

"So... You know when I called you last time..."

Wriothesley nodded knowingly but was still curious.

"I heard there was a female on the line and was just a bit curious, but you don't have to answer if you don't want to!!"

Wriothesley burst into laughter seeming to understand what was going on,

"Oh you mean Clorinde! What, did you think we were dating?"

Neuvillette's face flushed red and looked away, mumbling,

"It was just a question..."

Seeing Neuvillette this shy was like a blessing to Wriothesley's eyes (TSKRRRR)

Wriothesley turned to face Neuvillette, looking directly into his eyes, trying to hold back his constant giggles. Wrio adjusted himself and cleared his throat, finally replying.

"Well, it isn't that big of a surprise you thought I was dating Clorinde, everyone in the police station thinks too. Our parents were good friends, I've known Clorinde as a childhood best friend, we shared interests, and even ended up working at the same police station. Our parents always thought we liked each other and tried to pair us up but..."

Neuvillette tilted his head at the sudden silence, only to be faced with a bright pink Wriothesley again. Before Neuvillette could get his first word out, Wriothesley continued.