#4: This Dark Legacy

The slots of my eyes, now filled with madness, fixed on a distant blue figure. A polygonal presence, like a being born from digital nightmares. My heart, although I no longer felt it in an organic way, beat with an irregular rhythm, racing even faster at the unexpected sight.

My trembling hands tried to approach the figure, but every movement was a struggle against the consuming distortion. Every step was like walking on an unstable ground, where reality faded before my eyes and the laws of physics twisted.

The blue figure approached slowly, moving with an unnatural grace. Its polygonal contours seemed to vibrate, emitting an aura of intrigue. As it came closer, I could distinguish human features deformed by digital geometry, as if it had been dragged from the depths of the code.

When it finally came close enough for its face to materialize in front of me, its eye slots, empty and lifeless, stared at me with an inhuman intensity. Its mouth, an opening of distorted pixels, produced a sinister sound that echoed in my mind.

The blue figure raised a polygonal hand towards me, extending its deformed fingers. It was as if the space between us was vanishing, as if dimensions were collapsing under the weight of its presence. My sanity, already fragile and frayed, began to crumble even further under the oppression of this mysterious figure.

A whisper seeped into my mind, a distant echo of a voice that seemed to emanate from the figure itself. Its words were incomprehensible, a mixture of guttural and distorted sounds. But the message was clear: "I regret your curiosity, I regret not having an alternative, God knows I tried, I hope you can achieve it."

Then, its form vanished, leaving behind a particle shaped like a diskette. When I picked it up, I felt letters processing on the BIOS menu. As if downloading some kind of map. It quickly executed, titled "INSTRUCTIONAL".

 It quickly executed, titled "INSTRUCTIONAL"