moonbeams and memories ; h.js

the sudden ringing of the bell startles her out of her wits. in the pitch darkness of the living room, with only a flicker of light coming from the streetlight directly across her front yard, she slowly, carefully treads her way to the front door. she takes a deep breath, preparing to meet whoever the hell showed up at her door at almost 3 in the morning without a warning.

"i had a nightmare, can i crash at yours tonight?" han jisung beamed.

"why do you look so scared, its just me." he adds as he lets himself into the house. "its 3 in the morning, i thought the grim reaper was here for my soul already" she mumbled, feeling around for the light switch.

jisung snorts as he settles into the velvet L-shaped couch. he smiles to himself as he notices y/n's duvet ahead of him.

"why were you sleeping on the couch?"

"i... i don't really like sleeping alone upstairs," she says, flushing slightly at his random question. "i know it sounds strange because i was literally doing the same thing downstairs, sleeping alone, but... yeah. i hate the emptiness. i'm not sure, but it just seems more cozy to me to be curled up on the couch." she rambles.

"i can fix that." jisung grins shamelessly. "c'mon, let's go upstairs."

this makes y/n groan, "ugh, i can't stand you!"

"then sit!"

despite standing under dim lights, her radiance is undeniable. jisung can't help but stare at her in awe; he doesn't know if its the sleep deprivation, his astronomically massive, humongous crush on her, or simply her. sure; she's a bit of a beautiful mess right now, with a few strands of her hair escaping her messy bun, her black nightshirt's collar turned inside out, and her missing third earring (a piece she rarely removes), but she's still mesmerizing. he loves making her laugh, because it's only in those little moments that he has her distracted and laughing her heart out. it's when he can really just stop and admire her without her noticing.

even now, as she buries her face in her palms, laughing at his stupid joke, he can't help but wonder how he got so lucky to have met her at all.

"wow, i'm not sleepy anymore," she smiles at jisung as she takes a seat at the edge of the couch, "you must be sleepy though. i give you the freedom to crash in whichever room you want. except the couch, i actually can't fall asleep unless i'm on it." y/n laughs as she keeps a hand to her chest.

"i lied." now jisung buries his face into his hands. "i didn't have a nightmare. i wasn't even asleep to have one," he lets out a chuckle and adds. "i'm sorry... i guess i really just wanted to see you."

he hesitates to meet her eyes, clearly regretting his words thinking they seemed really inappropriate and foolish. and the last thing he wants right now is for her to feel weirded out and kick him out.

to his amazement, when he finally musters the courage to glance up, she's already on her feet, offering a warm and reassuring smile. "are you sleepy?" that's all she asks.

"no... i, i'm sorry y/n-"

"just wait a minute then!" with that being said, she races up the steps to her bedroom, most probably.

jisung waits nervously for her to return, and 5 minutes later she does. except she's fixed her hair, changed out of her pajamas into a hoodie and jeans and has a tote bag slung over her shoulder. "c'mon," she strolls towards the door and gestures outside, "let's chill."