4.1 - "don't leave me, please"

love is definitely scary.

especially if it was directed to someone who is your world.

for jake, of course.

he was involved with the crime world ever since he was adopted into a mob. he grew up training on how to kill. he would constantly be trained in the basement with his adopted parents mens

however, woong shouldn't know. she mustn't know.

especially when her family background is just police officials.

he knew it was wrong but he couldn't stop. he was smitten to the core for woong.

jake didn't want her to just end everything - not after he went through all that to be the only person who could wake up with her in his arms.

before she was the dark inspector she is now, she's the stereotypical girl. she would have a ponytail that had ribbons entangled in them, her favorite color is pink, everything about her is very 'girly'.

while everything about him is dark. he would be in detention all week for behavior reasons. he's a delinquent and for that people never expected him to be in love with a person that's totally the opposite of him.

taking black pink literally

but still they managed to be highschool lovers - not exactly lovers but the whole school knew how jake is a lovesick puppy for woong.

he would trail behind her every day. jake would pick her up in the morning and go to school together and he would drop her off too. he was the happiest man alive when woong didn't deny that she also had feelings for him.

it was only until their college days that their relationship turned from cute and sweet to steamy.

jake was always the type to say yes to whatever woong wanted - even would let her just use him if she wanted. that was the case.

on her 21st birthday, woong had asked jake to be her first.

jake had his fair share of girls even when he had the huge crush on woong - but this was different.

but whatever she wanted, jake would lay it in front of her.

both of them wasn't so sure why they haven't went out yet and declare themselves as boyfriend and girlfriend. it was obvious that they liked each other but woong just proposed to be friends with benefits...

jake acted like they were going out with each other but whenever someones asked him about whether they were official, he would response with;

"nah, we're just friends...close friends" but his arms would be around woongs waist and his lips would connect with her whenever he saw her.

but all that would come crashing down when woongs dad announced at her 23rd birthday party that she would be getting married to someone.

jake turned to look at woong, who was as shock as he is.

she never knew anything about this marriage - not even a speck of dust about it.

their friends who attended the party thought that jake and woong would finally get married but seeing how both of them were frozen and clearly heartbroken, they were now planning a funeral for the jaewoong couple.

after the revelation, woong would be seen all alone, colors slowly disappearing from her as the pink was now being less and less visible. the only pink thing that stayed was her pink earrings that jake made her for their graduation day.

for jake...well he hasn't been going to college. the only time he showed up was two weeks after her birthday - all wounded up and a dropout letter in his hands.

when woong saw him wounded up, she pushed him into the medical room and pulled out the first aid.

"what happened?" she spoke through the thick air

jake kept quiet, head down as if he was in the wrong.

"bab-"

"don't...don't call me that" he spoke. his voice was shaking as the tears threatened to fall.

woong didn't dare to utter a single word. everything in her head was how her sentence would sound without the nicknames they had for each other.

"i'll fix this" jake caught onto her shaky breath as she applied the ointment, "i'll tell dad to break off the engagement and tell him that we'll be with each other. that we'll get married with each other"

jake took massive deep breaths as he controlled his tears that was on the edge of falling.

the thought of them getting married and be with each other was the best thing he expected for in the future. now it can just be in his dreams.

"no..." he replied softly. woong looked at him as if he was crazy

"no need to fix this. just listen to your dad. get married with whoever that guy is and start a family"

she stopped applying the ointment and dropped her arms, "what do you mean i should get married to someone else? are you hearing yourself?"

"i am"

"so? why would you tell me to marry someone i clearly don't love?"

jake felt his whole world stop.

she never admitted that she love him - it was always jake.

those sentence was the thing that would make him cry. the tear dripped one after another. his feelings from the past weeks was now flowing out.

it was painful for him.

he knew that they were in two different world so they could never end up together. he had been waiting for the time that he would break to her that they couldn't be together anymore. but due to his procrastination, he never got to tell her that. which as times goes by, it became harder for him because they were falling for each other - deeper

having her getting married, he can now let her go. though, he didn't expect it to be this painful.

"we could never be with each other in the first place. the thought of getting married to you and growing old with you is so beautiful but i can't have that. i can't let you too deep into my world - i can't have you hurt. i need to let you go, for your own good"

woong held onto his hands, clutching it hard - scared that it'll go away, "please, baby...don't do this to me. don't leave me alone"

jake smiled bitterly, "i'm not leaving you alone. i don't have the heart to leave you alone. i'm just letting you go"

"please...don't..." jake intertwined their hands together as his free hand cupped her cheeks.

"i love you. i love you too much that i chose you to be happy. i'll always be with you - looking after you at night on your late night errands, protecting you from anything if you're drunk at the bar, helping if you tripped while biking or when you get in trouble"