New Girls Old Friends

Dock

The Forever Knights were waiting as they 3 hid.

"Your grandfather and I were tracking what we believe were level 5 tech being traded." Labrid said as they were a safe distance "Are you sure you don't want a better blaster?"

Ben held up his blaster and tapped a button and a small screen on it went to '2'.

Shooting a bird out of the sky it fell down roasted like a turkey.

"And how many shots are left?" Labrid asked.

"All of them." Ben said flatly "She's never jammed and never left me wanting more."

"Where did you aquire that?" Labrid asked.

"Vanessa made it for him when he was 10." Gwen said as Ben had to blink a few times as tears and flashbacks filled him.

"Who's Vanessa?"

"A...a real special lady." Ben said wiping his eyes "I haven't seen her in...a long time."

Ben was brought out of his thinking as a green and black 1970 Mustang drove in. [The show says 2009 Dodge Challanger but Kevin expressly says 'Factory new from 30 years ago' and its shape and design says 1970 Mustang]

Walking out was a familiar face.

"Kevin!" Gwen gasped.

"You know him?" Labrid asked

"An old friend but won't be happy to see us." Gwen said.

"Well won't be happy to see me." Ben said "You however-"

"Shut up, shut up, shut up." Gwen said swatting at Ben.

A briefcase full of cash was handed to Kevin.

He grinned as he counted it "Alright then." He said opening the trunk of his car.

"As promised, four dozen factory-new laser lances." Kevin says holding up a Strange gun.

"Ether-point energy module," opening the core then going to the tip of it "antenna-focus emitter..."

Activating it he continued "it's good for 35 minutes of
continuous fire at.06 terrawatts."