Movies | Ricky Olson

⇢ ˗ˏˋ Ricky Olson and Original Character ࿐ྂ
≡;- ꒰ ° 618 words ꒱

Ricky returned from dinner with his friends, the echoes of laughter and camaraderie still lingering in the air, only to find Lyricadia seated at the kitchen island. She was delicately sipping from a crystal glass that held a deep amber liquid, undeniably reminiscent of whiskey. A bottle of the same spirit stood confidently on the counter behind her. As Ricky entered, his jovial demeanor seemed to hesitate in the doorway before accompanying him further into the kitchen. Deciding to join her, Ricky effortlessly retrieved another glass from the cabinet and settled down beside Lyricadia.

"Rough night?" Ricky asked with a gentle smile, his eyes betraying curiosity. Lyricadia chuckled, the sound mingling with the soft clinking of ice against glass.

"You could say that," she replied, her gaze fixed on the swirling liquid in her glass. "I'm single now, so not particularly well, no."

Ricky's eyebrows arched in surprise, and he leaned in a little closer. "What happened?" he inquired, a mix of concern and curiosity in his tone.

"He asked me to move in with him," Lyricadia explained, a wry smile playing on her lips as she shook her head. "I declined. I want to stay here, with you, as long as you'll have me."

Ricky's expression shifted, a combination of confusion and intrigue. "I don't get it. How is that a bad thing? He wants to be with you all the time, in the mornings, and the last thing at night before he goes to bed. How is that a bad thing?"

Lyricadia took another sip of her drink, contemplating before responding. "I told him no. I want to stay here with you. He didn't like that. He wanted me to choose him over you, and he made that pretty clear. Why he ever thought that was gonna happen, I have no idea."

Ricky continued to stare at her, his mind processing the unexpected turn of events. "He's fun, likes the same movies I do, but, damn, I'm in love with you, and-" Lyricadia abruptly covered her mouth, the glass clattering onto the counter as if mirroring the sudden revelation. She blinked in shock at Ricky, who mirrored her surprise.

A moment of silence hung in the air before Lyricadia offered a sheepish apology and slid her stool back, making a hasty exit from the room. Ricky sat there in bewilderment for a moment, downing the last sips from Lyricadia's glass before deciding to follow her through the house.

In the office, Ricky found Lyricadia curled up in a plush chair, a blanket snugly wrapped around her. Hesitating at the sight of her slightly puffy eyes and reddened face, he approached and took a seat beside her, perching on the arm of the chair.

"I'm glad you're not leaving. I want you here just as much as you want to be here," Ricky reassured her, his hand gently brushing away a few stray tears. "You're not an idiot. You surprised me. I've thought about it before, but I didn't think you were interested. I'd rather have you as a friend than risk scaring you away for more."

As he spoke, Ricky's hand found its way under Lyricadia's chin, tilting her face up to meet his gaze. "You mean..." she began, a mix of disbelief and awe coloring her expression.

"Come on," Ricky said, standing up. "You're certainly not sober, and we can talk about this in the morning once your head's cleared. How about a movie? Bring that blanket." He extended a hand, and Lyricadia took it. The details of the chosen movie and the ensuing conversation were a blur as they settled on the couch. Less than 20 minutes later, Lyricadia was peacefully asleep against Ricky, exactly where she wanted to be.