Heaven and Back | Christian Anthony

⇢ ˗ˏˋ Chase Atlantic  ࿐ྂ
↳- Triggers: Drugs & Addiction -༉‧₊˚✧
≡;- ꒰ ° 284 words ꒱

Christian sighed heavily, running a hand through his hair in frustration. "Addilyn, this isn't working. I can't keep watching you destroy yourself like this."

Addilyn's gaze remained fixed on the floor, her fingers fidgeting with the edge of her shirt. "I'm sorry, Christian. I know I messed up."

"That's not enough anymore, Addilyn. You're not just hurting yourself; you're hurting us," Christian's voice cracked with emotion. "I love you, but I can't keep pretending like everything's okay when it's not."

Addilyn felt a lump form in her throat, the weight of Christian's words hitting her like a ton of bricks. "I know, and I hate myself for it. I just... I don't know how to stop."

Christian's expression softened, his anger giving way to concern. "You don't have to do it alone, Addilyn. We can get through this together, but you need to be willing to get help."

Tears welled up in Addilyn's eyes as she looked up at Christian. "I want to, Christian. I really do. But I'm scared."

Christian reached across the table, taking Addilyn's hand in his. "I'm scared too, Addilyn. But I love you, and I'll do whatever it takes to help you through this."

Addilyn squeezed his hand tightly, feeling a glimmer of hope amidst the darkness of her addiction. "Okay, Christian. I'll try."

Christian smiled weakly, wiping away a tear that had escaped down Addilyn's cheek. "That's all I ask, Addilyn. We'll take it one step at a time, together."

As they sat there, hand in hand, Addilyn knew that the road to recovery wouldn't be easy. But with Christian by her side, she felt like maybe, just maybe, she could find her way back to herself again.