Chapter 2: "Twists of Fate: Mariz's Triumph and Hermes's Smile"

As the sun rose on a new day, Hermes and Mariz began their morning routines, preparing for the day ahead. Both headed to school, but for Mariz, the day held an extra special event— a school pageant she was participating.

(Mariz's POV)

Kinikilabot ako ng kaba, excitement at saya. Dahil sa wakas, I will face my fears. Presenting my self to the crowd.

On October 20, 2023, I was nervous as hell because I was supposed to be picked up at 9 AM for the United Nations pageant preparations at school. My friend and I waited anxiously, watching the time tick by. However, as the minutes turned into an hour, it became apparent that no one was coming to pick us up.

Who is to blame? I'm an overthinker girl. One question that popped into my mind..

What if, this hindrance were a sign to not proceed on my pageant? That this isn't the right time to conquer my weaknesses.

A thing came to my mind. I messaged Xayn through Vibramatch, nagbabaka sakaling gumaan kahit pa-paano. Xayn cheered me up, that time feeling ko katabi ko siya kahit alam kong isa lamang siyang stranger.
My friend Elissa

Elissa told me to think positively, and I did.

It's true, everything has a first. Sobrang kaba, akala ko tatalon yung puso ko out from my ribcage, Haha

We made a way. Sumakay kami sa isang kakilala, para makauwi. Then things goes smoothly. On the middle of the road, I saw my two parents riding a motorcycle, rushing, expectedly. Nagkaroon pa nga ako ng oras para magtanong kung bakit sila natagalan.

They keep on motivating me, na aabot pa ako. The pageant will start at 2 pm, at nakaalis kami going to the salon at 12 pm, na kakilala ng aking nanay.

Akala ko talaga ay hindi aabot. But from the help of my friend, Elissa, we came on time.

They kept on complimenting my look, “Nalampasan mo pa nga si Cleopatra” That, made me smile.

And yes! I, proudly presented the country of Egypt..

"Let's give a round of applause, the country of Egypt!" the host speaker said cheerfully.

"I am Mariz Reagan Sunspark, 17 years old, from Grade 12 Humanities. Presenting, Egypt!”

On that day, I won 1st place, I felt happy and contented. Behind my back, may Nanay and Tatay were there, as well as my friends and classmates. And him also..

He congratulated me for being one of the winners. I dont know but, Im happy because he's the one who existed in that precious moment of mine. Kung saan, hinarap ko ang isa sa kinatatakutan ko. Ang humarap at magsalita sa maraming tao, yung pakiramdam na lahat ng atensyon ay na sa iyo. Lahat ng kanilang tainga ay nakalaan tanging sayo, bawat pagkakamali o kilosmo ay pinagmamasdan ng mga tao.

Yan ang kahinaan ko, na hinarap ko kasama siya. Kahit wala si xayn sa tabi ko, Nararamdaman ko namang sincere siya at mabuting tao.

Magmula ng araw na iyon, mas lumalalim pa ang pag uusap namin.
I also asked for his name. He told me that his name is "Hermes Silvermoon." He then asked for my name, and I told him. We became friends from being strangers.

(Hermes's POV)

After I woke up, I felt something new in my heart. I thought it was nothing, so I ignored it at that time. Then, I did my routine and went to school.

When I was already at school, para kakong ang ganda ng mood ko, and my classmates noticed that I was smiling. Hindi ata sila sanay na nakakita ng ngiting ganoon sa akin kasi hindi pa kami masyadong close nun, kakastart pa lang ng semester. But I realized that the cause of my good mood and why I'm smiling was Riz, the girl I chatted with yesterday. I didn't expect her to be the cause. So, I quickly checked my inbox in VibraMatch and hoping na may message siya. Lalo akong natuwa gawa meron nga, inauupdate nya ako, gawa sabi ko nun sa kanya before we sleep eh "Update moko sa Pageant mo Para bukas ah", but i didn't expect even sa preparation nya that time e sinasabi niya sa akin. I feel importanted that time.

So bumawi ako kay Riz I supported and cheered her virtually kasi malayo yung lugar namin sa isa't isa. I gave my 100% support that time and I think nadama nya naman.

While breaktime namin nun, kachat ko si Riz and she told me na may hindrance. Gawa yung sundo nya eh wala pa. So, I encouraged her using some words and nag advice na din ako sa kanya na wag kabahan while nasa contest/pageant sya kasi di nya talaga mabibigay yung best niya like nung nangyare sakin. And sabi nya eh isasapuso nya daw yung mga sinabi ko, kaya natouched ako sa kanya lalo.

After class, I went home and quickly checked my phone to see if Riz had messaged me again. Yes, she did. She sent me some of her pictures and video ng pagrampa niya. I was stunned by her beauty, napasabi tuloy ako bigla sa sarili ko na "Ang ganda ganda nya tapos ang bait, at understanding pa". After being amazed by her beauty, I congratulated her because she got first place.

Then we talked a lot about ourselves, and she asked for my name. I quickly told her my name and asked for hers in return. She said her name was Mariz Reagan Sunspark. I replied, "What a beautiful name." That day, Mariz/Riz and I became friends.

Our conversation got cut off because we had school the next day. So, we bid goodbye to each other. I went to sleep with a smile on my face.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Our paths, once distant, now felt intertwined, as if fate had nudged us together. With each conversation, our bond deepened, revealing the uniqueness of our connection. We understood that our meeting was no coincidence but the start of something beautiful and profound. As our ties strengthened, we embraced the journey ahead, guided by the invisible thread that had woven our lives together.