Chapter 2: Lucks and Stunts

Slippy finished ejecting the ship's garbage, he sighed in relief, some of these heaps were questionable enough to see, but they'd make some interesting material for several off-guard jokes.

He entered the main cockpit again, to his surprise, it became silent, both devoid of music and fellow teammates, with exception of ROB. But the ship's operator and processor can hardly be called a "teammate", a "caretaker" would generally be the better one-worded description.

"Where's everyone?"

"FOX AND FALCO KEPT ARGUING OVER WORK, PEPPY CALMED THEM DOWN AND MADE THEM TO GO TO A NEARBY ROOM FOR COUNSELING, PEPPY WENT WITH THEM THERE."

"Oh... thanks ROB." Replied Slippy, he secretly knew this would happen, the brotherly-like rivalry was always there, but it doesn't go well when the team doesn't spend some time having fun with each other.

Slippy thought for a moment, he liked to be the member on the team who liked to lighten up everything. Even though Krystal started to take on such matters as the team's telepath with her spiritual ways, it was still Slippy's priority. He was more gifted comedically and knew how to make everyone smile, even if it's through pity from cocky arrogant birds.

Suddenly, a comical idea sprung into his head, he smiled faintly at the thought of it.

He went into his room and opened his computer, now what's something the entire team finds amusing? Fox's shyness and blush towards Krystal? The troubles and trials Falco get in due to his cockiness and arrogance? Slippy's semi-innocent nature that makes him take himself and his work a little too seriously sometimes? Or the endless times Peppy holds his naps sacred? or the endless times he mentions Fox's father out of longing to Fox's dismay?

...No, actually the last one isn't so funny, but the rest is promising. So Slippy put the pack of ONO cards on the table, opened his image modification program and got to work on his ambitious material, it was bound and planned to be a great R&R night.

But fleetingly, he thought how more fun it'd be if Krystal was here.  

* * *

As she walked across LightFoot Village, the rain calmed a little and was replaced with small inconsistent droplets due to the tall bushy trees that was covering the place. Krystal searched every nook and cranny for scarabs, she managed to gather enough to complete the difference after the unfair transaction.

"...Why do I sense mischievous thought patterns?" That's when she thought to herself, before she was ambushed by a half a dozen young LightFoots.

They began talking with their typically incomprehensible language by the Lylat System's standards, with some of them sounding higher in pitch than a short red-dressed Italian plumber. Conveniently, Krystal did know their language, after all, she had her CloudRunner friend who helped her getting to that distress signal last time the planet was in disaster.

"Well, well, well... looks like we have an intruder in our village." Said one of them menacingly

"An intruder? No, no! I'm Krystal of the Star Fox team, I'm just here in search for an artifact!" Said Krystal cautiously.

"Don't try and fool me, intruder! What'd someone like you be doing here other than stealing our treasures?" Said a tall seemingly juvenile LightFoot standing in the middle of the other five. He had a taller neck, and a shorter torso than the others, and seemed to carry primal-made tools around a rope-belt tightened around his waist.

"I'm not here to steal anything, please!" said Krystal with more caution, but as she inched her hand closer to her staff to protect herself, the others noticed, which inadvertently intimidated some of the less defensive LightFoots, causing the tall one to jump forward to strike.