Chapter 6: Reverse

Now, as his smuggler friend already established to their unwelcome guests, Ed sucked at planning steady traps and ambushes, or "games" as both of them called it. In fact, Ed sucked at planning as a whole. Unlike Lurv, he liked everything in the plan to pack a punch, he liked to do planning on the fly (part of which was literal) and do some erratic decisions in them that stereotypically a child might think to make.

However, Ed stands by some of his more favorite ideas to the point where he'd have a days-long quarrel with his partner, and if Ed was lucky that Lurv's too fed up on one of those days, Lurv'd just allow him to do them. With Ed not being aware that Lurv's actually doing that just to humiliate him later and improvise on his own.

Ed and Lurv's list of ideas:

Ed:

- The VENOM cheerleader guards.

- Brandie guarding Verdant Apex's half.

Lurv:

-The marble hallucination (ruined by Ed)

-The gravel bags

But Ed was no complete fool, he knew how to fly a spacecraft better than his companion, so much so that when his erratic nature poured itself into his dogfighting style, he was attacking like a rabid dog on crack. But when he started his journey into being a pilot, he wasn't as boastful as he'd later become, in fact, he was quite the worried self-acclaimed-doofus.

One'd ask: "When the hell would someone start boasting after being a worried self-acclaimed-doofus?"; Well, after 2 years of running through your lucks and disregarding wingmen's instructions and pulling off surprise jump-scare-y stunts in the air on instructors and making them spill their coffee on their uniforms as a result, you'd get pretty cocky and self-absorbed about yourself, especially if you're fully committed to the rule of an ambitious emperor who keeps pumping out chaos over the system he's trying to take over. In fact, if you were in his shoes with all of that "experience", you might even start to boast that you'd kick your emperor's nephew's ass and replace him in the team of space pirates he's a part of. (At least before you get fired and replaced by a muscular rose-loving lovesick dark cat who tries to pick up any girl he ever sees).

However, if your moral compass is too strong to follow scummy dictated crap from giant disembodied heads with disembodied hands, and, even with all the cockiness and arrogance still in place, still actually listen to your wingmen or your pals when they offer something sensical, you'd neither become a total erratic crazy idiot, nor become completely looked down on by your peers.

And ultimately, if you follow that recipe, and condense it into a tall bird, you'll get Falco Lombardi.

* * *

Just outside the Flying Galleon, a rainstorm arrived on the primal scene...

Falco Lombardi, having followed Fox and just flew past the Flying Galleon's side (And seeing some fleeting weird-looking green outlined silhouette of a dino in the cracks of that side, causing him to think: "What the frick was that?") was now observing this withered-looking wooden structure.

"The hell? Who's the freaking squat building a cabin next to this thing?" Thought Falco. "And why the hell is Fox going there?"

After Fox left, Falco, somewhat concerned about where Fox was headed to, talked Slippy into giving him a brief on the whole thing. (He tried to not pick on the toad and be nice to him for this, he already gave them that slightly amusing R&R idea).

As Falco hovered his Arwing around the wooden structure, a spacecraft slightly bigger than his Arwing took off the ground next to the wooden structure and faced him.