Part 17

Akash was really tensed and didn't know what to say, still he tried, "Papa, I thought you would ask bhai first and in the meantime, I will do some changes to the presentation," said Akash with sweety palms and continuously adjusting his spectacles clearly indicating his nervousness, which didn't go unnoticed by Manohar and others.

Manohar said without beating around the bush, "last chance Akash are you going to show your presentation or I will declare my decision."

Akash did not reply but was looking for his dadi or his maa to help him or at least he thought his di will help him but no one spoke even a word, and since Akash not even moving from his place, Manohar said "my earlier decision is final and no one is going to oppose it from now on."

Saying this Manohar got up from his place and go, when Devyani said "what about Chote's presentation, if Akash bituwa couldn't complete that doesn't mean we can't see Chote's presentation."

"Fair enough, Arnav bituwa show us your presentation," said Manohar and sat on his place. Akash was happy because as far as he knows his bhai also did not complete the presentation didn't he checked his laptop earlier.

Arnav got up from his place and turned toward NK and said, "NK connect your laptop to the screen." Akash was confused why his bhai is asking to connect NK's laptop.

Once connected Arnav opened his presentation and started and Akash was dumbfounded.

____________________________________________

Payal and Khushi reached their home earlier than expected. Seeing one gloomy and other little excited buaji and Garima are astonished because the one (Khushi), who is always excited for anything is gloomy and the one (Payal), who is always calm and collected is little excited. Madhumati and Garima shared a look, after the refreshments, Payal and Khushi sat in front of Madhumati, Garima and Shashi didn't know what to say.

"Oh Titaliya, you would never sit quite even for a second even when we asked you and now you are sitting with this gloomy face what happened. If you did not find a job, which is suitable for you, then that's ok it's just first day, right then what happened, you are the one who always have and give hope then what happened today. Hah," said buaji.

"Actually, we got an offer, we don't know, how you would react to it," started Payal.

"OK, isn't it good or what? Hey Titaliya, change you expression and tell me what exactly is going through that little mind of yours," said buaji who could not see her Titaliya gloomy.

"Buaji, jiji is not thinking straight, I know we want to build our career and support our family but not at the cost of her self-respect," said Khushi.

"Cost of her self-respect?" asked Garima and saw Payal and asked "What is Khushi saying betiya, tell us clearly?"

Payal explained what Manju said to them.

Buaji and Garima didn't know what to say before they can say anything their neighbor Vimala came to their house asking for a little help without any choice, Garima sent Khushi to their house, who reluctantly left.

Once Khushi left Payal said "Buaji, Amma I know what you both are thinking, when manju didi offered the proposal, I did not even for a second think of Akashji working in the same office. But when Khushi pointed that we working in the canteen of AR means facing Akashji almost every day they only I understood her fear.

Buaji, Amma, let me ask you one thing. During all this time our stay in Delhi and during our so-called marriage rituals didn't you see how Khushi and Arnavji behaving. I agree Arnavji is arrogant, egoistic and angry man but with Khushi he always behaved different, they both like each other, I know what ever happened between us should not affect the relation between them.