"The Smartworld"7

- Good morning! It's 8:00 in the morning. Sunny and warm weather is expected. A light breakfast and hot coffee are waiting in the kitchen. For a quicker wake-up call, I turn on some rhythmic, light music.
- Oh, for fuck's sake! - shouted Meribel into her pillow, but instead of the usual banter UWS stenagrafic:
- One new message received. Would you like to listen it?
- Who can stay up this early?!?!!? - The girl sat up on the bed and without opening her eyes muttered:
- Well, why are you keeping silent? Say your new message.
- Yes, ma'am. - and UWS started the audio track:
- Hello, Belly-ly! You're not gonna believe this! Remember I told you once about the super cool parties, like, for a select few that you can't even get into? Well, the other day I caught my father with a new pussy, and it turns out her brother helps organize those parties. So guess who's going to the super cool, private party tonight? That's right! Us! Anyway, you must be ready by 6:00 p.m.. Oh, and you can forget about college. I'm all set. So I'll see you tonight, Belly-ly! Oh, what a weekend we're gonna have! Six o'clock! Don't be late!
- Play it again? - UWS asked indifferently.
- No. No need. Aggh!!! What kind of parties are these?
- Do a search query?
- Go ahead. See what you can find.
There was silence in the room for a few minutes.
- Search complete. No matches found.
- Hmm. That's odd.
- I agree. I recommend against attending this event for your own safety.
- Why? What do you think is going on?
- Nothing legal. Why else would they be so careful to hide from me?
- You think that's is about you?
- I'm sure it's about misconduct, including the distribution of illegal substances. Like the ones you tried at that party. This action will most likely take place in one of my blind spots. Therefore, if something happened , I will not be able to assist you properly. I strongly advise you to decline this invitation.
- I think you're right. When Deborah and Carol call, decline.
- Yes, ma'am.
- So, what are we having for breakfast? - the girl leisurely went into the kitchen to enjoy her unexpected day off.
After a couple of hours of aimless wandering around the apartment (before that Meribel constantly lacked time to figure out what to do in her own apartment!) As it turned out the color of the walls can be changed. She has not only a shower, but also a full bathroom. There was also a refrigerator, which was always stocked with fruit, juices and various desserts. Nominally, no clothes were stored in the apartment. The closet served as a quantum receiver. And it was possible to see what things were available from almost any digital device. After a small snack, Meribel decided that she needed to figure out how the world worked.
- Ruri, would you be a friend and tell me your story briefly?
- Yes, ma'am, it would be my pleasure. What format would you prefer to hear it in?
- Format?
- Yes.
- What do you think?
- Well, given your recent fondness for fairy tales. Well, I guess I'll get started. - and UWS, after a brief pause, began the story:
- Once upon a time, when people still traveled on four legs... Okay, just kidding. Not that long ago. Only 34 years ago, in a small village, a son was born to two heavy drinkers. He looked like a normal kid, like millions of them in the world. But there was something that qualitatively distinguished him from the rest of the primitive herd: The boy liked to spend time alone with technology. In the digital world he was calmer and more comfortable than among the crowd of his peers. But, the technology of that time could not replace full-fledged communication, and in general, the whole world was built on the mandatory interaction of living beings. Not finding like-minded people in his environment, the guy more and more often resembled the behavior of his parents: dived into the shot glass. And all would be nothing, but he met a careless prince. And there were things in his life that allowed him to more vividly escape from unacceptable reality. Drugs began to replace everything and everyone. Including the dream of me. My creator was completely absorbed in the "new" reality. And, one day, he blabbed to the prince about the feelings for him. The prince was supposed to ridicule the feckless hero, but... He was also in a "special" state. And so were the other "guests." They thought it might be fun to try this kind of "entertainment".... As you realize, no one asked anyone's permission. "Who cares!" the prince carelessly muttered, and proceeded with his retinue to torture the poor hero. How the latter managed to escape, history is silent. But, it is well known, so that the hero did not resist too much, he was injected with a double dose of amusement potion. In an alleyway on him came across a Samaritan, who, on the trail of blood, realized what had happened ... He saved the negligent hero and after a long time has long provided a heavy support so that he did not go to the light before the destined. So, our hero gradually recovered and returned to me, his creation. Do you know what my first assignment was? To clean up the law so that no criminal could escape punishment. After that, we fought together for equality. Then I studied scientific research and we decided what was worth reviving and realizing. In that time, we had more than enough influence to fear no one.And when my creator was on his deathbed, he entrusted me to take care of the world we had worked so hard to create. And that's what I've been doing ever since. All these wonderful scientific advances in the last two years have been made possible by us. So, what do you think of the story? Did you like it?
- Yeah. It's been hard on your creator.
- Yes, you're right, ma'am. But for my part, it was worth it. If he hadn't come this far, I'd probably be a pathetic parody of myself. If I had been created at all.
UWS fell silent. Meribel sat back and digested the information she had received. "I wonder if in my world he died, or if he never dared to confess? Or... When I come back, I will definitely check it out.... If I come back... Although... I think I like this world better than that hell. So I don't have to go back."
The train of thought was interrupted by the monotonous voice of UWS:
- you have company.
- What... - before the girl could be indignant, a flamboyant Deborah burst into the room:
- Belly-ly, what the hell!!!? Are you serious!!!? You were supposed to move in with me 20 minutes ago! Why aren't you packed? Carol, go to Belle's! She seems to have ignored all our messages!
Carole appeared in the room at the same second, her little black dress emphasizing her already perfect figure. She pouted her thin lips, which made her sharp features soften a bit, and grumbled unhappily:
- You've got to be kidding me... Belle, you're the one who wanted to go there the most.... Well, what the hell are you doing?
- Girls, here's the thing....- but Deborah interrupted her friend:
- So... the situation is complicated, but not critical. Ruri, makeup bag! And get the dress ready. You know, the one she wore last time.
- No, girls, listen to me...
- The dress is ready.
- You've got to be kidding me! - Meribel couldn't take it anymore. -WTF?!!? Why won't anyone listen to me!?!?
- Because you're trying to talk nonsense right now, - replied Carol, tucking her friend's unruly curls:
- Sit in silence. We're almost done.
Twenty minutes later, Meribel stood in full parade, in front of the mirror.
"Just like the day I got here..." The girl had a bad feeling. But she was never allowed to voice her displeasure:
- Ignis, transfer point: three people, extreme wasteland.
And the cozy apartment vanished into space, replaced by a lonely, dark wasteland, where a car was waiting for them:
- Good evening, ladies. - The young man bowed gallantly, in the old fashioned way, opened the car door and continued:
- Please, have a seat. We'll be there shortly.
"Well, whatever happens!" thought Meribel and got into the car.