Chapter 1

Tim's pov
The door opened, three doctors walked in. I try to gage what's going to be said by their faces but they're as good as us. They keep their faces emotionless.
I felt my heart drop, did I want to know if she was dead? Or can I just back to thinking she's alive? That hope that I got when Bailey told me she had a rhythm.
"Family of Lucy Chen?" He asks.
"Yeah?" We all say in unison.
"Okay, I think this may be best if you sit down" he says as he closes the door.
"Just tell me" I ask. My heart feels like it's stopping. I know it's not good. I'm an officer for fuck sake. She's either dead or she's in a coma.
"Sir I think it's best you sit down" he says again gently and I feel Angela and Grey pull me back towards the chair. I sit down. My leg shakes. I don't like this.
"We brought her into surgery, she crashed twice now we managed to bring her back. Gave her two blood transfusions. She was stable so we took her to ICU but as we got there she coded." He says and then he takes a breath.
I hear what he's saying. I know what he's saying. But it doesn't seem right. I feel like I'm not here. That this is all a nightmare and I'll wake up.
I feel Angela and Grey holding my legs to calm me down.
"I'm so sorry we did everything we could, she died. 5:37pm. I am so sorry for you loss" he says.
It just goes over  and over  in my head.
No. Not my Lucy. Not my girl. Not my love of my life. She wouldn't. She couldn't.
I feel sick. I feel angry. I feel like my world is crumbling.
"No! You're wrong! She isn't. She's not.." i say at first shouting but towards the end I can't even get my words out. Tears stream down my face, my heart feels like it's breaking into a million pieces. Like someone's stabbing me, standing on me, torturing me.
"I am so sorry for your loss. You can go see her if you'd like" he says.
"You get back in there and you try again! You keep trying!" I shout at them and i stand up. Feeling Angela trying to pull me back.
"Sir I'm so sorry" one of them says.
"Where is she?!" I ask them.
"Room 93".
I sprint out of the room, down the corridor and there it is. Room 93.