Ch.1- Reunion

Nezuko POV:

It's been four years, almost five, since I last saw my sister. I'm sixteen and a half, my sister would be eighteen, I'm pretty sure.

It's been a while since I've joined the corps. Water-Hashira san (I call him Giyu-san) came and took me in as his apprentice, teaching me the water breathing forms over the past couple of years. I have little to no contact with my family after they ordered me to kill sister before leaving. They are ABSOLUTELY MONSTERS.

I've made lots of amazing friends in the corps; there's Zenitsu, my boyfriend, Genya, that one tourist from America who brought his cultures *cough* gun *cough* with him, Kanao, that quiet kid that could kill with looks, Aoi, an expert chef, Inosuke, a boar that might be trans, and the three girls in the butterfly mansion, along with most of the Hashira (I friggin hate Sanemi for calling my legs Iron Rods >:/).

My current rank is kinoe, meaning I'm one level from Hashira. TAKE THAT, INOSUKE!!

"CAW CAW BITCH!!! YOU HAVE A MISSION WITH RENGOKU KYOJURO, HASHIBIRA INOSUKE AND AGATSUMA ZENITSU IN THE MUGEN TRAIN, WHERE IT HAS BEEN SAID THAT A LOWER-RANK MOON HAS BEEN SPOTTED!! GET YOUR LAZY ASS OFF OF THE COUCH AND HEAD TO THE LOCATION, MOTHERFUCKA-" I slapped a hand over my crow, Nikki's, mouth before she could complete the sentance. She really needs to stop hanging out with Sanemi's crow.

"I'm going, I'm going!" I grab my Katana and get ready to head to the location. Apparently, many people have been disappearing in the Mugen Trains, including my favourite singer, TAY-TAY!

(Skip to after Lower One gets his head chopped off and evaporated bc I'm too lazy to write it all)

"Is everyone okay??" I look at Inosuke who was lying flat on the ground on his back.

Inosuke needed time to process what Nezuko had actually said, but when he did, he replied really enthusiastically. "HELL YEAH!! TAKE THAT, MUZUM KANTOBIJI!!! WE DID IT, KEZUKO!!"

"FOR THE LAST TIME, INOSUKE, IT'S NEZUKO!" I bonked his head as he layed in a depressed circle, realising that he forgot his lunch on the crashed train, which was now in flames.

"NEZUKO-CHAAANNNNN~" and that was Zenitsu's cue to come running at Nezuko, engulfing her in a hug that Nezuko giggled at and returned.

"IS EVERYONE ALRIGHT, BUDDIES?!" Rengoku's somehow-still-energetic voice floated across the battlefeild.

"YEAH, WE'RE GOOD!!" Nezuko screamed back through all the ruckus. She suddenly felt a presence in front of her, one of a particularly strong demon.

That's when they all saw it. It was a demon, alright, but it wasn't a regular demon- it was Upper 3. 'UPPER THREE?!!' Nezuko mentally screamed. 'DO WE EVER GET A BREAK?! WE JUST FOUGHT LOWER ONE!!'

"Well, well, if it isn't the pesky demon slayers," the demon said. "Wow. I'm honoured to be in the presence of a Hashira. The flame one, especially! This is going to be fun. What is your name???"

Rengoku took a battle stance, drawing his katana, shivering from the uneasy vibe he was getting off of Upper 3.

"Well, well, you need to improve on your manners," Upper 3 said as he sighed, "I'm Akaza, Uppermoon Three. You are??" He pointed out.

Rengoku didn't really like the idea of telling him his name, but he needed to keep calm and keep everyone safe. "Rengoku Kyojuro."

"Well then, Rengoku Kyojuro, why don't you become a demon??" Akaza offered. "I'm sure master Michae- I MEAN MUZAN- would be happy to turn you into a demon if you hung yourself infront of him."

"OVER MY DEAD BODY!" Rengoku struck first, before Akaza countered. It went on like that for a bit, back and forth. 

"I WILL KILL YOU!!" Rengoku bellowed and stabbed his katana into Akaza's chest. Akaza went to 🍩 Rengoku when the attack was intercepted by a flash of red.

"No," the red flash turned out to be a really pretty woman with long, lushious red hair in a knit, black jumper. Her eyes were a peculiar shade of vivid red. Like her's. She had a scar on her forehead. 'Like sister'..' Nezuko reminisced. "I will kill you, Akaza," her eyes were cold with fury, contrary to her calm, unwavering voice.

Akaza dodged her attack (or did he?) and backflipped, attacking her waist- but then something unexpected happened- she cut off his head. Turns out, she threw her katana up into the sky just as he crushed one of her ribs, slicing his head clean off.

She landed besides his fading body. Her cold eyes were replaced with pity-filled and warm ones, shocking Rengoku and the other Demon Slayers.

"I'm sorry for everything we've done to you, as humans, Akaza." She smiled at him weakly as Akaza's eyes widened. He immediately felt bad for what he did. She just reminded him of her.

Just as he disappears into ashes, he muttered a weak, "You're forgiven." He shed a tear and smiled at her, disappearing completely as she held his hand.

Rengoku was flabbergasted. "Who are you??"

She turned her head toward him and Rengoku felt his heart flutter. She was a rare beauty- but what really made her stand out was her compassion and smile. She had a smile that could become a guiding light through the darkest of nights. "Himari. Himari Kamado-Tsugukini."