Chapter 1

"Deary, can you fetch the fresh batch of meat rolls?" Rosie asked with a smile as the lineup of hungry demons got longer. I nodded before making my way to the back, seeing if the butcher was done preparing the meats. Not just any kind of meat, but the meat coming from the body of the freshly deceased.

"Are they ready Chuck? The lineup is getting huge," I shuffled over to the counter, watching as he pushed over a tray with meat rolls. "Seems you never get used to the morning lineup," Chuck chuckled as I grabbed the tray.

"I just wasn't expecting it after... You know, the extermination," I mumbled as the memories flooded in. I kept to myself during that time, hiding away and mending the shop as the majority of the town set off to defend alongside the princess of Hell. I didn't get to meet her, but I heard her voice, the town all singing in joy with her.

During the extermination I stayed put here, to protect the town with a few who stayed behind. To my surprise the angels never came here, but I learned from Rosie later that they focused their attention on the Hotel Charlie ran.

Rosie was a bit off after that, something I had never seen in her before. Some of her people died, her dearest friend was wounded, and it had caught her a bit off. Her own husband's death didn't phase her that much. But as soon as her shaken state arrived it left. She was good at getting her straight, something I had envied in a way.

Rosie was like a Mother to me. Since the day I had arrived in Hell and I stumbled into her by pure luck, she had taken me under her wing. I stayed with her, helped out with the shop, never leaving Cannibal town once I had stepped foot in the gates.

I liked Cannibal town, to me this was home. I loved the people here, although they were vicious at times they were all softies, even Susan. They had expected me with open arms once Rosie brought me in. I was grateful for that.

"You know they get over things pretty quickly, especially when they're hungry," Chuck laughed. He was right, no one really held sorrow or self pity here for long. They could all regroup rather quickly.

I smiled and gave a nod before I ushered out of the back kitchen and to the front counter where Rosie took the tray gracefully and placed in it the display. "Seems like it's going to be a busy day," she said quietly to me with a small laugh. I smiled at her before I looked into the crowd, seeing the familiar faces, all but one, one I did not recognize as a usual here.

I had seen him from a distance before when the princess had come, I had also seen some old photos of him and Rosie. Though I never had a conversation with the man. His name was Alastor, a dear friend of Rosie's. She had told me he and her had frequent visits before he vanished for 7 years.

Suddenly he appeared back though, Rosie had told me she saw him at the overlord meeting, then suddenly he came here, asking a rather large favor of her. Rosie accepted it, because he was indeed her friend. It left an ill taste in my mouth though. He had left, not telling his friend a single detail to only come back and ask a huge favor of her. It felt to me he was using her. I didn't like that.

"Oh would you look at that, Alastor is here," she smiled widely as she waved to Alastor near the end of the line. I pressed my lips together before I cleared my throat. "Oh he doesn't bite Y/n," Rosie nudged me a bit with a laugh before she continued to help the other customers.

I just stared blankly at him, his eyes focused on Rosie. He probably came here just to ask her for another favor. "I'm sure he doesn't," I muttered under my breath. "What is with your mood now, dear?" Rosie turned to me and raised an eyebrow.

I sighed and forced a smile out, "Nothing." She tilted her head to the side, knowing too well it wasn't nothing. I opened my mouth to speak before I was cut off by the very man himself.