Panicking

The group ended up leaving the amusement park and decided to go to the nearby shopping district. They had been sitting in a café for awhile now, just chatting about the new things that had been happening with their lives.

"So, Amy, I heard you're auditioning for the lead role in some upcoming show?" Rouge asked, she was clearly interested in the subject. "Ah, about that... I already auditioned but I didn't get the role." Amy replied, despite her best efforts, her disappointment was showing.

"It's okay Ames, not everyone can get the best thing in one try, that's why you should build your way up!" Sonic said with a large smile. "You're right, I'm surprised you gave some good advice this time!" Amy laughed.

"Hey! I'll have you know that I give some great advice!" Sonic said defensively. Everyone laughed about it, except for Shadow, he seemed deep in thought.

"Shadow? You okay there? You haven't really spoken much." Sonic asked. "I'm fine, you shouldn't concern yourself with irrelevant stuff." The ebony hedgehog replied. "You sure? You seem a little off..." Sonic pressed on the matter. "I said, I'm fine." Shadow insisted, despite Sonic not believing him, he decided to leave the topic alone for now.

"Well, I think it's about time we go somewhere else. We've all finished our food and drinks and I'm starting to get bored here." Sonic said, he had been shifting in his chair a lot. "Yeah, you're right. We should go somewhere else." Silver replied.

Everyone got up from their chairs and started to walk out of the café. Rouge stretched out her arms and whacked Shadow in the face by accident. "Watch it." The ebony hedgehog mumbled. "My bad." Was all Rouge said.

The group started to walk through the shopping district, not having any ideas of what to do. They had passed through different stores but nobody had been able to agree on a place to all go. "You know, we don't all have to go in the same store, we can do some shopping and then meet back up by the fountain." Blaze suggested. "You have a point... If we keep wandering around then we won't have a good time." Sonic replied.

"How about we split into groups? I don't think it'd be a good idea to all go alone." Rouge said. "Sounds good to me!" Sonic exclaimed. "Us girls will all be a group!" Amy said, clinging onto Rouge and Blaze, they both chuckled softly.

"Me and Tails! As usual." Sonic said smugly, patting the two-tailed fox on the head. "I'll go with Espio." Silver said excitedly, Espio just smiled softly, not saying a word.

"Shadow, you should join one of our groups, we don't want you to be alone." Sonic said with a surprisingly stern expression. Shadow didn't say anything.

"Shadow. Did you hear me?" Sonic asked with a slightly worried tone. "I heard you." Shadow replied grumpily. "Then which group are you joining? Me and Tails or Silver and Espio?" Sonic asked, he was starting to get a little annoyed with how mysterious Shadow had been acting.

Shadow struggled to decide. If he went with Sonic and Tails would probably go back home with a headache but if he went with Silver and Espio he wouldn't help but feel as though he were intruding for some reason. Shadow was lost in thought, trying to figure out which group he was going to join.

"Alright, you'll just come with us." Sonic said impatiently, grabbing Shadow by the arm. The groups split up to go to different areas of the shopping district. "You can let go." Shadow mumbled.