Chapter 1: Road-Trip Troubles

Madelaine Dimitrescu sat in the backseat of the car next to her friend Dianna Beneviento and her doll Annalise. Her eyes glazed out of the window while her mind was thinking of a plan. Only a day ago during one of Mother Miranda's family meetings she announced she was conducting a new experiment. That experiment of course required a test subject. She had managed to find one, a young man by the name of Henry who resided in a small town in Louisiana, Usa. Miranda needed someone to go to America to ensure his capture. The two people assigned that task were none other than Madelaine Dimitrescu the niece of Lady Alcina Dimitrescu and Dianna Beneviento daughter of Lady Donna Beneviento. Both girls were instructed to find Henry and capture him without anyone suspecting them and bring him back to the remote Romanian village. The girls accepted the mission without any hesitation.

Madelaine who was dressed in a short and tight black bodycon dress with black heels turned her gaze back to her friend who sat quietly beside her. Dianna wore a black short sleeved black lace blouse with a long black skirt and black flats. Dianna, like her mother, was extremely introverted and used her doll to communicate with others. Dianna and her were also quite close since they were the only children of the lords. Both Lord Moreau and Lord Heisenberg had no children so they were each other's companions. They were almost like sisters in a way since they were both close in age with Dianna only being a year younger than Madelaine.

"Are you alright Dianna?" Madelaine asked as she looked at her friend.

Dianna turned her head upon hearing her friend address her. She shook her head though Madelaine could tell that a lie.

"I know you're nervous being in another country isn't the most easy thing to handle" Madelaine said. "But Mother Miranda asked us to do this for her," Madelaine added.

"I know.." Dianna quietly whispered.

"Everything will be fine I promise" Madelaine said and carefully gave her friend's hand a reassuring squeeze. Dianna in return squeezed her hand back grateful to at least have her friend with her.

"You ladies okay back there?" Thomas their driver asked as he looked up at them through the mirror.

"Yes we are perfectly fine" Madelaine said.

"Just making sure," Thomas said.

All of sudden the car stopped with a bump. The girls were confused and Madelaine looked at Thomas.

"What was that?" Madelaine said.

"I don't know" Thomas said as he unbuckled his seatbelt before opening the driver's side door and got out.

The two girls immediately got out as well so they could see why the car had suddenly stopped. Once they did they went over to the other side of the car to see what the issue was.

"Well unfortunately ladies one of the tires busted" Thomas said as he pointed to it.

"Are you serious" Madelaine said in a frustrated tone.

"I'm afraid so," Thomas said with a sigh. there was no spare tire in the truck so they were pretty much stuck.

"How are we supposed to get to Louisiana now" Madelaine said as she looked at the man thing with sheer annoyance.

"We just have to hope some people come along and help us" Thomas explained.

"This is ridiculous" Madelaine said, very annoyed. She did not tolerate inconveniences like this especially if it directed interfered with Mother Miranda's plans and this certainly did.

"Calm down, someone is bound to pass by and see us," Annalise said.

"Who knows how long that could be," Madelaine said, looking at the doll. "We don't have time to sit around and wait for someone to come by" Madelaine said with frustration.