Chapter 9.

Song Y/N had never stared so intently at a door before this day. And she knew well that it was stupid. But the dread she felt at that moment made it feel like she was going to die the moment she opened the door. And maybe, she will. At least not literally. She quickly shook her head, shaking all her troubling thoughts aside.

"In the name of dreams." She breathes out before slotting the key into the doorknob and twisting it open.

The door barely made a sound and although she was met with silence, Y/N's tensed shoulders did not ease one bit. It felt like she was walking herself right into a trap. Vulnerable for a predator to just strike and kill her right there and then. And at any moment, the predator could just walk in and -

"What are you doing standing there like a fool?"

Y/N's head snapped up and there she saw Lee Bada looking at her as if she were some otherworldly creature that just crashed through the apartment. The girl's mouth was full of what Y/N can presume as the toast that the girl was holding and a light gray towel hung on her shoulders.

"Whatever. Help yourself." Lee Bada huffed and gestured to the bread in her hand before walking off.

Did she have to be that condescending?

Y/N rolled her eyes before pulling her luggage in and closing the door. The unit was not so bad. In fact, it was amazing, as much as Y/N hated to admit it. The floors were white wood and the white theme made the apartment look clean and classy. It looked like her own apartment in some way, minus the usual clutter in the living room and a pile of uncleaned dishes on the kitchen sink.

It didn't take her too long to find her way around to the bedroom she would be staying in. Which was not so bad either. Like the rest of the unit, the bedroom had a white wood theme as well. There was a double-doored closet next to which she placed her bags next to. She figured it would just be extra work to unpack and then pack again since her stay was not really for long. But the best thing in the room would probably be the balcony it extends to.

"Wow..." Y/N breathed out as she pushed through the door.

A cool breeze greeted her and a small smile occupied her face. The view was breathtaking. A few houses were here and there but what caught her attention was the sea. A couple of hundred meters from where the building stood, was the sea. It was too far to hear the waves but from where she was, Y/N could make out a couple of people on the shore and the ships floating in the water.

Well, it isn't Seaside Haven for nothing.

With a towel in hand, she made her way out of the room and to the kitchen. Gingerly, she sat on one of the chairs and looked around. The faint sound of the shower running coming from the door next to her room made it clear that she would have to wait for a while to have her turn and so, there she sat. Awkwardly tapping on the marble counter as she waited.

"Geez... is she swimming in there or something?" She mumbled under her breath as a few moments passed.

Bored and now hungry, she stood up in search of food. But that seemed to be a challenge as a couple of opened cupboards later and she could not even find something decent to eat. There was some leftover rice in the cooker, but that was it. The fridge was also empty except for half a loaf of bread, a couple of eggs, and a lone jar of kimchi in the corner.

Damn, it's like no one even lives here. How could anyone even live here?

Y/N scratched her head before taking out the eggs and kimchi. It did not look like Lee Bada was coming out anytime soon, anyway. And so, she got to work on making something up. She took the packet of seaweed sheets from one of the cupboards and the rice as well.  Well, it doesn't get better than this. Kimbap's hearty anyway, right?