Chapter 12.

Shin Soobin. What could Song Y/N say about Shin Soobin? People might assume that it would be something usual like how talented the girl was in dancing and choreography. Maybe it would be something about her visual, as Y/N had noticed most people would talk about the first time they saw Shin Soobin.

But strangely enough, nothing along those lines would be Y/N's answer.

The first time that Y/N had met her was at a practice room. Lee Bada, who had been her girlfriend at that time, had just formed a dance crew and Shin Soobin was one of the chosen members, along with Noh Jihye.

Y/N could still remember the big smile that the girl gave her as she introduced herself. She started to see Soobin around more after that. Despite falling a grade behind Y/N and Bada, Y/N would find the girl sitting at lunch with them or even during walks to the bus stop at dismissals. Y/n had let it all pass. After all, what kind of a girlfriend would she be if she stopped Bada from hanging around other people who have the same interests?

Probably a smart one.

What started as school hangouts and the usual dance practice for competitions turned into nightouts and grazes on the arm or shoulders here and there. Soon, Y/n realized that Shin Soobin was different. Shin Soobin was not like the other members of Bada's dance crew. Crew members don't whine and tug on their leader's arm, begging to spend the night with the leader and the leader's girlfriend because she is lonely.

But Y/N was an idiot at that time. It was all screaming in her face but she chose to be kind and understanding. She brushed it under the rug with the reason that 'Shin Soobin just really idolizes Bada and wants to learn more?'.

"So, where's your girlfriend?" Jihye asked just as Y/N put a spoonful of ice cream in her mouth.

"Huh?"

"Oh come on, I could tell from the wrinkle on your forehead that you'd rather have Lee Bada than me right here now." Jihye stated and pointed her spoon at the girl. "So, where is she?"

Y/N could only roll her eyes, but deep inside, no matter how crazy her friend was, she was right. "Soobin pulled her for a practice."

"I knew it! That little snake!" Jihye stated and slammed a hand on the table. "I'm telling you, girl. You need to watch that one."

Y/N scratched her head as Jihye leaned forward on the table. Her brows already furrowed with what Y/N can assume as thoughts about Shin Soobin. Y/N reached over and flicked her on the forehead with a sigh. "Don't be so judgemental."

 "then don't be so naive." The girl bit back. "We don't have any practice today. Why do you think I'm here eating ice cream with you?"

Y/n was silent. She didn't like how Jihye's words were making sense and making her feel uneasy. What could they be doing together if not for practice?

She slightly shook her head before turning back to her bowl. "They're friends, Jihye." She reasoned. "Just... eat your ice cream."

Though it was clear that Jihye was not satisfied with the answer, she shrugged. "If you say so..."

Although Shin Soobin would hang around frequently, Y/n would not say that they'd become acquainted over time. Maybe it was because all the girl would talk about was something dance-related. A topic that was something Y/N was not quite in deep at. It was almost as if it was intentionally done just so she couldn't join in.

And so, the encounters and conversations that were between just Shin Soobin and Song Y/n could be counted on one hand. Y/N would bet that if it was not for her girlfriend, the other girl would have never batted an eye in her direction.