CHAPTER 13

The storm blew, and the thunderstorm struck. The trees were drifting in the opposite direction, and that was not a good sign for the kingdom. 

Athea returned to her castle, followed by her friend. She had an unwise mind and did not know what to do. The days of war were drawing near, and those nightmares had already given a signal of destruction.

A bloodbath.

She returned to her bedroom, lying on the bed.
 Rain pours down on the kingdom, and black clouds accumulate around the castle. 

She was terrified and immediately embraced with her pillows. Golden heard a little noise from her room and immediately sat down on her bed.

She was crying in her sleep, calling her mother.

The next morning, Athea awoke, looking down on the balcony. The weather was cool, and sunlight flooded her bedroom. 

She smelled the scent of fresh flowers and felt happy.

Golden was already awake and eating his breakfast. She patted his head, and the door opened. 

The maids came inside, bowing their heads. 

"Princess, the King has requested your presence at breakfast." They informed her and went away. 

Athea immediately walked into the bathroom, taking a small bath. She doesn't want her father waiting for her.

She left, greeted the Alpha, her father, and sat besides him. 

Alpha's eyes were all over her. He had seen her going out at night, towards the forest. He saw her crying in the cemetery, summoning her mother. He stayed, looking at her, until she went back to the castle. 

"Athea, sleep well, my child," asked the king with a smile.

She nodded, and he gently patted her head. 

She wouldn't share her nightmares with her father. He was already so tensed about the upcoming war, and she didn't want to make him worry about her more. 

"King, can I ask you anything?" Alpha stopped eating, watching them. Athea's eyes went on him, and the king looked at him with confusion. 

"Ohh!! Yes Alpha" the king replied. 

"Where did you get that lion?" he asked. 

"Golden, I found him injured in the forest and helped him," the king replied. Alpha nodded and didn't ask much. 

He was looking at their interaction, the way the king doted on his daughter. King Alexander really loves his daughter. He could feel it with his eyes. 

He knew from the sources that she was not his daughter and had been adopted by him.

Although king Alexander tried hard keeping her identity a secret but he found it eventually. He was curious to know about her identity. She was not a simple girl, as everyone thought. 
They ate their breakfast in silence. 

King and Alpha went back to the study, and Athea went out, meeting Frederick and Rayna.

"Athea" Rayna shouted her name, hugging her tightly. 

"Athea" Fredrick came out, smiling at her. She was the one who always made his day, one look at her and his heart was gone. 

"Athea, Come inside; my mother is cooking for us," she said, taking her inside. Athea smiled and took her seat.

Rayna's mother came from the kitchen, bowing her head. 

"Princess, I am happy to serve you." 

"Aunt, call me Athea; I am just like your daughter; Princess is for the others, not for you," she said. 

Rayna's mother smiled and immediately went inside the kitchen, getting the best lunch for the princess. Although she had known Athea since childhood, as a princess, she always respected her. 

"Athea, do you know my brother is going back tomorrow?" Rayna informed her. Fredrick was about to interrupt but was secretly hit by Rayna. She wanted to know her reaction, knowing her brother was going back to the city for his studies. 

"Ohh!!  Really, Fredrick, this early; you came back some days before and are now going back." She asked. 

"My summer vacations are about to end, princess, and I have to go back for the further studies." He replied, blushing hard. 

"Then when will you come back?" She asked. 

"Next year," he replied, and her face fell. She really wanted him to stay longer. 

Rayna was watching their interaction and was happy for his brother. She wanted him to confess to her as soon as possible or someone will take her. 

"My special lunch is ready," Rayna's mother shouted, putting everything on the table.

Although Athea ate the lunch prepared by the best chefs, she never tasted the homely food filled with motherly love. 

"Thank you, aunt," she said, thanking her for giving her this beautiful feeling. Rayna's mother smiled and sat beside them. Athea tasted everything that was put on her plate. Fredrick was pleased that she felt great with his family. 

"Aunt, the lunch was delicious," Athea smiled.

"It's my honor, princess," she smiled. Rayna held her hands, taking her out of her house, followed by Fredrick, who was watching her like a love-sick puppy. 

During this time, King Alexander watched the information collected by his subordinates. They couldn't find the best witch, but they knew something about her. She changed her place now and then, but now she was hiding in the woods. 

"King Alexander, where did you find Princess Athena?" Alpha suddenly asked, grabbing King Alexander's attention. "I already know she is not your daughter, but I am really curious about her identity." He looked at his reaction—the way the king's hand clenched. His pen has broken down. 

"Alpha" 

"I already knew about this King Alexander," he informed him. 

King Alexander was not surprised that Alpha knew about this, but he was worried about his daughter. 

He wanted to keep everything secret from the world, as he knew from the start that his daughter was special. She had some supernatural powers that could be dangerous for her identity. 

He called one of the witches to seize her power until she was able to control her ability. He didn't want to know who she was; for him, she was his daughter, whom he adores. 

"In the forest, her mother died and gave me a beautiful treasure," he replied.

"I think Alpha her identity," he was about to say, but suddenly the door opened and the guards came inside, bowing their heads. 

"King, our borders are under attack," they reported, and the king's face fell.