Chapter One - Jago

Legends. Stories scattered through time. Mankind has grown quite fond of recounting the exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that they are remnants, byproducts, of a forgotten past. Man, born from dust, was strong, wise, and resourceful, but he was born into an unforgiving world. An inevitable darkness - creatures of destruction - the creatures of Grimm - set their sights on man and all of his creations. These forces clashed, and it seemed the darkness was intent on returning man's brief existence to the void. However, even the smallest spark of hope is enough to ignite change, and in time, man's passion, resourcefulness, and ingenuity led them to the tools that would help even the odds. Nature's wrath in hand, man lit their way through the darkness, and in the shadow's absence came strength, civilization, and most importantly, life. But even the most brilliant lights eventually flicker and die. And when they are gone, darkness will return. One night in the city of Vale, a monk named Jago walks the streets of Vale. As he walks, he bumps into a into a shady looking man wearing a black suit with a red tie and red shades.

Shady Man: Hey! Watch where you're going!

Jago: My apologies.

Shady Man: Are you fucking blind?!

As the man was about to get into an altercation with Jago, he were stopped by an orange haired man carrying a cane.

Orange Haired Man: Now now my friend. No need to get violent. We have other matters to attend to.

As the man laid out his orders, they begin walking away. Immediately, his instincts told him that they were up to no good. Jago began following the individuals. It wasn't long before they walk into a Dust Shop. As they walk inside, Jago takes a moment to meditate. Suddenly, one of the men is thrown out the window. Without hesitation, Jago rushes into the building. Inside he sees a girl in red attacking the men. When the two locked eyes with one another, they recognized each other.

Ruby: Jago?!

Before Ruby could say more, Jago was ambushed by one of the thugs. Jago takes the man down with ease. The leader of the thugs twirls his cane with a smile on his face.

???: Isn't this a curious sight! Allow me to introduce myself! I am Roman Torchwick, the Napoleon of Crime! And here I thought this night would be rather uneventful! Boys! Teach these two a lesson in humility!

Torchwick's men soon began attacking Ruby and Jago. Ruby takes some down while Jago takes down a group with ease. Despite the numbers being against them, Jago and Ruby were able to easily take them down.

Roman: Well, Red, I think we can all say that it's been an eventful meeting. You and your....strange friend have made quite the impression! As much as I would love to stick around, I'm afraid this is where we part ways.

Roman then aims his cane and shoots a projectile at it. Jago pushes Ruby out of the way and takes the blast. When the smoke clears, Ruby rushes to check on Jago.

Ruby: Jago! Are you okay?!

Jago: I am well, Ruby. But we can't let him get away!

As Jago and Ruby exit the Dust Shop, they spot Roman heading to the rooftop of a nearby building. The two were quick to begin chasing him. After a brief chase, they corner Roman, but he seems unfazed.

Roman: You two are quite persistent!

Jago: There is nowhere for you to run.

Suddenly, a large airship emerged and shined a bright spotlight on the two. The door opened and Roman jumped inside.

Roman: End of the line, Red!

Roman then throws a red crystal at them. Roman then aimed his cane and shot at it. Before the explosion could consume them, a Huntress rushed to their side and blocked the explosion.

Jago: Thanks for the assistance.

Ruby: So cool!

The Huntress then tries to use a telepathic attack to bring down the ship, but the ship remains in the air. Roman then rushes to the pilot's seat.

Roman: We got a Huntress! Something's holding the ship!

The woman then gave Roman the controls to the airship. She then moved to the opening and began firing fire from her hands towards the Huntress. The woman then jumps off the loading ramp and transforms into a being of fire. Her body emits ribbons of fire that swirl around him like solar flares on the surface of the sun. His head, shoulders, back, knees, hands, hips, and feet resemble solid, brownish-grey volcanic rock, while the rest of his body is plasma.

???: I would not want to be you today!

The woman transforms her body into a spinning fireball, charging towards the trio. But Jago steps in and flying roundhouse kick forwards, knocking the woman back. Jago then fires a green fireball at the woman. As the two fought, Jago seemed to get the upper hand.

Jago: You cannot win.

Without warning, the woman then ejects a flamethrower-like stream of chemical fire from her hand, forcing Jago to retreat. The woman then transforms into a fireball and flies into the ship as it makes it's escape. As Jago gets up, he turns to Ruby and the Huntress.

Ruby: That was so cool! You're a Huntress! Can I have you autograph?!

Huntress: Come with me. I have questions for you two.

With that, Jago and Ruby followed the Huntress to answer her questions about what had just occurred. But for now, Jago had returned.