Chapter Two - Invitation

After the Dust Robbery, the Huntress took Ruby and Jago to an interrogation room.

Huntress: I hope you realize that your actions tonight will not be taken lightly, you two. You put yourselves and others in great danger!

Ruby: They started it!

Jago: I can vouch for Ruby. They were the aggressors in this fight. 

Huntress: If it were up to me, you would be sent home.....

At that moment, Ruby smiled to herself. Her smile soon fell as the Huntress smacked her wand on the table.

Huntress:....and a slap on the wrist!

Ruby: Eep!

Soon enough, a man in green entered the room holding a mug and a plate of cookies. He seemed calmer than the huntress as he took a sip from his mug. He then walked up to Ruby and examined her.

Man: Ruby Rose. You have silver eyes.

Ruby: Uh hum?

The man's eyes soon fell on Jago.

Man: Jago! I see you've returned from the Monastery. 

Jago: The Monks have taught me all that they can. Now my time has come to return. 

The man took notice of their response. He then puts a tablet on the table which shows the three of them in combat against Torchwick's thugs.

Man: Where did you learn to do this?

Ruby: S...Signal Academy.

Man: They taught you to use one of the most dangerous weapons ever designed?

Ruby: Well, one teacher in particular.

Man: I see....

The man then places the cookies on the table. She then proceeds to gobble her way through the cookies, causing Jago to chuckle. 

Jago: I see your sweet tooth hasn't gone away. 

Ruby lets out a nervous chuckle as she continues wolfing down the cookies. At this point, the man continues questioning Ruby.

Man: It's just that I've only seen one other scythe-wielder of that skill before. A dusty, old crow...

Ruby: Oh! That's my uncle!

Upon realizing that she had been talking with her mouth full of cookies, Ruby swallows the cookies with an embarrassed smile on her face.

Ruby: Sorry. That's my Uncle Qrow! He's a teacher at Signal. I was complete garbage before he took me under his wing. And now, I'm all like— Hooowaaah! Witchaaaa!

Man: So I've noticed. And what is an adorable girl such as yourself doing at a school designed to train warriors?

Ruby: Well... I want to be a Huntress.

Ozpin: You want to slay monsters?

Ruby: Yeah! I only have two more years of training left at Signal! And then I'm going to apply to Beacon! You see, my sister's starting there this year, and she's trying to become a Huntress, and I'm trying to become a Huntress 'cause I wanna help people. My parents always taught us to help others, so I thought, Hey, I might as well make a career out of it! I mean the police are alright, but Huntsmen and Huntresses are just so much more romantic and exciting and cool and really, gosh, you know!

The man and Glynda took note of Ruby's response. They also took note of Jago's silence. 

Man: Do you know who I am?

Ruby: You're Professor Ozpin. You're the headmaster at Beacon.

Ozpin: Hello.

Ruby: Nice to meet you.

Ozpin: You want to come to my school?

Upon hearing this, Ruby was shocked. A huge smile fell on her face. Glynda showed Ozpin her disapproval with a simple facial expression.

Ruby: More than anything! What about Jago? 

Ozpin: I'm sure we can come to an arrangement. I believe that's all for tonight. You're both free to go. I'll see you tomorrow. 

With that, Ruby and Jago were allowed to leave. As they left the building, Ruby became overjoyed and hugged Jago.

Ruby: I can't believe we're going to Beacon! 

Jago: I am happy for you, Ruby. Mom would be very proud of you. 

Ruby: I just....I just wish she were here to see this.

Jago then placed his hand on Ruby's shoulder. 

Jago: She is always with us, Ruby. Always watching over us. 

Ruby took great comfort in her older brother's words as she hugged him tightly. After some rime, Jago and Ruby returned to the Rose-Xiao Long Family Home. Jago took a moment to look upon his childhood home, looking back on fond memories of his childhood. When they entered the house, they were greeted by Taiyang and Yang. Upon seeing Jago, the two were stunned into silence. 

Taiyang: Jago....

Yang: Big bro!

Yang ran up to Jago and gave him a big hug. 

Jago: It's good to see you again, Yang. 

As Jago hugged his two sisters, Taiyang approached him. Taiyang then hugged his son tightly. 

Taiyang: Welcome home, son. 

Jago: It's good to be home, Dad.

Ruby: Guess what, Dad? Jago and I are going to Beacon with Yang!

Yang: Really? Sweet! 

Taiyang: That's great, Ruby! I'm so proud of you! How did you....

Jago: Ruby and I had an encounter with Headmaster Ozpin. He offered us a place at Beacon Academy. We accepted. 

Upon hearing this, Taiyang felt immense pride in both Ruby and Jago, proud that they got into Beacon. Later that night as Ruby and Yang went to bed to prepare for their first day at Beacon, Jago made his way to the grave of Summer Rose. He lit two candles next to the tombstone bearing his mother's name. He then knelt down and paid his respects. 

Jago: May you find peace in the next world, Mother. 

After Jago paid his respects to his late mother, Jago got up and went back to the house to rest for his first day at Beacon Academy. In that moment, Jago had returned home to his family.