3: Louis' Cold Pt1

Prompt: Louis gets a cold, and tries to hide it from the boys. What he doesn't know is that they know he's sick.
But to please Louis the lads pretend not to notice. Does he give in and let his friends take care of him?

Set around mid 2014

Louis' POV:

I mindlessly scrolled through Twitter as I involuntarily sniffed, trying to clear the congestion in my nose. No luck.

I had only been awake for five minutes, and already I was suffering and dreading the day ahead. My sinuses were so blocked it hurt, but contrastingly, my nose ran like a leaky tap. I ran my tongue over my already dry lips, even more so from constantly breathing through my mouth.

Liam would be whipping my bunk curtain open and singing rise and shine any minute now and I knew I had to get up. I need to hide this from the boys, all I want to do is get the day over with then sleep this cold off tonight.

Liam's POV:

The buzzing of my alarm set phone under the pillow woke me from my dreams. I'm not complaining though, it was a weird one. This dance instructor named Leeroy was trying to get us to do some crazy ass choreography that we'd never do, and another kid Marcel called us cute as a button, which I'm not denying.

I slid my feet out of the duvet and stretched as I made my way to the edge of my bunk. I jumped down, sighing in content as my sweaty feet hit the cold, hardwood floor. One thing they don't tell you about tour busses, is that they are really hot.

I crouched down to Niall's bunk first, as he was below me and the easiest to get up, then opened his curtain and shook him awake. Niall then got Harry up whilst I went to Louis. We all had too help with Zayn, that guy loved his sleep.

When I arrived at the Doncaster boy's bunk, I heard a small sniffle from behind the draped fabric. Was he crying? It's not unusual for us to get homesick, and it's normally Louis if it does happen. But why didn't he wake us up.

However, when I opened his bunk, I didn't see a sobbing Louis, I saw a perfectly normal one, just lying on his back and scrolling through his phone.

"Oh, your awake. C'mon, we gotta get ready." He sighed, sniffed again, rubbed his nose, then shuffled off the elevated bed.

Now that the shadows of his bunk weren't covering his face, I could actually get a good look at him. His nose was red, as well as his eyes and they were watering too. He kept sniffing and rubbing his nose.

When I asked if he was alright, he just shrugged me off and gave me a reassuring "yeah, course," before walking towards the small bus bathroom.

I knew he was lying, it was obvious. I mean I could literally hear how congested he was just by those two words, and don't get me started on how he looked.

But I also knew, we all knew, that he hated when people knew he was ill and showed him any type of affection for it. So I decided to just let the other boys know so that we can all keep an eye on him in case it turns into more than a little cold.

*Timeskip because.. Why not :)*

Louis' POV:

I was the last one out of the bus, and when I got in the van all the boys' heads turned to me.

"What?" I asked coldly. When I'm sick I usually get a bit short tempered and snappy, and the lads are aware of that, so I hope they don't pick up on it.

A chorus of 'nothing's followed after me as I did up my seatbelt.

Throughout the whole drive to the BBC Studio I had a tickle in my throat, and as much as I tried to suppress it, I couldn't help but let a few coughs slip, each time the boys would look up briefly from their phones and glance at me. I found it quite weird how observant they were, but I brushed it off. Maybe it was just a weird, annoying, day in general.

*Timeskip caused by 'em fooking avocados ×͜×*

When we got to BBC Studios I quickly made my way to the toilet, desperate for a piss. Once I was done I went to the sinks to wash my hands, and got a peek of myself in the mirror. After a double take I realised how bad I actually looked. Red nose, watery eyes, and purple bags that lay under them. The rest of my face was slightly pale and my lips were all cracked and dry. I cupped some water in my hands and splashed it over my face, and I did look better, but that could just be me trying to give myself hope.

I scurried back towards the interview room, making it only seconds before we were on air. I'm so grateful this is a radio interview, I don't want the fans to see me in this state and get worried, even though there's nothing to worry about with a measly cold.

*Timeskip made by my loss of creativity*

Harry's POV:

Every two minutes Louis would turn around and sneeze a double or have a fit of ten throughout the whole interview. We all knew he was sick, I'm pretty sure the host could tell he was sick by now, but he'd never admit it. He was too stubborn to admit he was 'weak' and let us take care of him.

Once the interviewer put the set list on we all took our headphones off and looked to Louis who had immediately flopped down onto the couch behind.

"Louis? Are you ok?"

"Yes Liam, I'm fine." It's quite funny how grumpy Louis gets when he's sick, but I held in my laughter as to not make the situation worse.

He kind of contradicted his own statement by sneezing a violent two sneezes into the crook of his arm, then clearing his throat.

"Louis," I put on a jokey, condescending voice as I inched closer to him, "are you sick?" I knew he wouldn't say yes but it was worth a try. I really wish he would though because, despite my jokey tone, I wanted him to feel better. He just looks like he's in so much pain.

Louis' POV:

I'm in so much pain.

My nose is on fire and my head's pounding. The scratchy feeling in my throat was slowly becoming unbearable and I really couldn't be arsed to hide it anymore. I just wanted to feel better.

I sneezed another fit, of what felt like twenty but was probably only eight, into my shoulder then looked up and nodded at Harry's question.

All their eyes widened, probably at the fact that I just admitted to being sick, and they were all silently staring at me. It was quite creepy.

"Can we just go home? Please?" I broke the silence and Liam stood up from beside me, then helped me up too.

"Yeah. We've got a free day, lucky for you." He gave me a sweet smile, obviously trying to lighten my mood, which I returned with a sarcastic, mock beam.

*Timeskip enchanted by an Irish princess named Neil*

When we got back to the London apartment, the boys forced me off to bed, insisting that I rest whilst they got me every thing I needed. They all came back two minutes later with copious amounts of medicine, a thermometer, DVD's, blankets and pillows, and snacks.

"Movie day!" Liam squealed excitedly as Niall, Harry and him got situated on my bed and Zayn set the movie up then came to join us.

I do hate when people take care of me and know that I'm sick, but I wouldn't trade these boys for anything.

__________

a/n

Third story!!

Hoped you like it

If you did please vote 👀 and comment 🙃 it'd mean a lot

Question:

Who's your favourite member as a solo artist?

-Ollie