6: Zayn's Fractured Leg

Prompt: Zayn hurts himself badly on stage but pushes through the concert, only making the injury worse.

Set around mid 2013

Zayn's POV:

This is honestly the best concert we have ever performed. San Siro, Italy. The fans have gone out of their way and made the best fan project we've ever seen.

'We Are 1D Family' is spread across the stadium, each fan holding up a designated piece of coloured plastic. There are Union Jack and Irish flags are covering the floor, one person at a time.

Me and the boys are all standing at our mic stands, just taking in the view in front of us. It's so amazing.

After we finished Right Now, we all ran in different directions across the stage, ready to perform Act My Age (a/n I know Through The Dark came next but it works with the story so shh). Before the concert I promised Niall I'd do the beginning of Act My Age dance with him, so here we are, stamping across the stage.

On the second set of beats, I landed funny on my left ankle. I don't know what I've done, but it hurts quite a bit. I stopped doing the jumps and just stood still for the rest of the song. Louis had noticed my lack of movement and came over to check on me.

"You ok Z?" He shouted in my ear so that I could hear over the music.

I decided not to lie, but not tell the whole truth. "I just twisted my ankle a bit, I'm fine though."

He looked skeptical, but gave me a thumbs up and walked away, me limping behind.

I am going to push through the pain for the rest of the show, it won't be that bad.

*AHHHH TIMESKIP*

I completely underestimated the severity of this twist. We were just saying our final goodbyes to the fans, and the pain was excruciating.

I had limped my way through the rest of the concert, and was now just wishing I had sat out when it first happened.

I made my way to the lift that would take us off stage, with the help of the boys. I guess they could see I was struggling.

Once out of sight from the fans, we walked, well I hobbled, to the backstage area.

We were so close to the couches when I just couldn't take it anymore. I hopped over to the wall and slid down to my bum, the boys rushing over.

"What's wrong Zayn? Is it your ankle?" Louis asked me and I nodded as I let the tears fall freely.

"It h-hurts-s-s." I sobbed out, squeezing my eyes shut.

"What ankle, Zayn?"

"Left leg."

Liam pulled up my trouser leg and I screamed in pain at the movement.

"Okay, this isn't normal. We need to get him to the hospital." Said a voice, and I opened my eyes to see Paul peering over us at me.

He lifted me up bridal style and carried me to the van, instructing the driver to go to the closest A&E.

Harry's POV:

The drive to the hospital was silent, apart from Zayn's Occasional sob or wince.

He was rushed straight to x-ray, considering the amount of pain he was in, whilst the rest of us waited in a private room, including Paul and Preston.

Liam was biting his nails, Louis was pacing, Niall was staring blankly at the floor, Paul and Preston were having some sort of conversation, and I was looking intently at the door, eager to find out any information on my brother.

"Zayn Malik?" A doctor looking fella asked, kind of a stupid question to be honest seeing as we were the only ones in here. We all shot up and went over to him. "The x-ray's done, we're just awaiting the results, but he's in room 317 if you want to go see him. Just know that the pain killers he's on are making him a tad bit loopy." He smiled at us fondly.

We all thanked him before going to the room. Preston stayed outside while the rest of us went in.

"Guys! How ya doin'?" Zayn asked us when we went in, a huge smile on his face as his head rested back.

"Good Z. How are you? Does your leg hurt?"

"Noooo Liam, course not They gave me some funny tasting gas and now everything's aaaaall fine." We just chuckled at his antics, "That's good then." Liam answered.

*Timeskip because it is 3 in the morning and I'm tired*

No Ones POV:

The boys, including Zayn, were all surprised when the Dr told them Zayn had fractured his leg. He'd need to be in a cast for a week, then a boot for the rest of the month. Walking on it for over an hour after it happened didn't help matters, and Zayn promised he'd always tell the boys if he hurt himself again.

__________

a/n

Vote if you like it. Please 🥲

Question:

Best Harry Styles era?

-Ollie