SEVEN

-2014

        Fiction. That's what the romance books claim to be, not real, imaginary, words on paper, unattainable. Ty. Ty wasn't fiction. My time with him over these past few months, however, gave me the exact same, giggly, feet-kicking, butterfly-swarming, unconditional feelings. That terrified me. This was never the plan. Dating in high school? Yeah sure. Thinking about love in high school? No, absolutely not. But I couldn't help it, every time he flashed the crooked smile in my direction he stole another tiny piece of my heart.

        Before I knew it, summer break was around the corner. I was lounging in my favourite reading chair near the window of my bedroom completely entranced by the romance novel I had started that morning. "New book boyfriend? Am I being replaced?" Ty pouted and I jumped, looking up to see him smirking, leaning against my doorframe. "Your mom let me in" he smiled, walking toward me.

        In a matter of seconds, he took the book, set it down and lifted me, taking my previous seat in the chair and setting me down atop his lap. It didn't matter how many times he had done that exact same routine, it still caused heat to spread through my body. "What trouble are we going to get into today, Ads?" he smiled wrapping his arms around my waist and nuzzling his face into my neck. "I have to run errands" I replied, leaning my head slightly to rest on top of his. "Can I come?" he looked up at me with his best attempt at a saddened face, I laughed and swatted at his shoulder "I'd hope so, we have things to get for our Niagara Falls trip next week".

        We started planning this trip a few weeks ago, and to say I was nervous was an understatement. Yes, Kai and Sienna were coming with us, but we booked two separate hotel rooms, which meant that for an entire week, I was sharing a bed with Ty. We hadn't really discussed the idea of being intimate, we had come close a few times before I chickened out. I also never told him how inexperienced I truly was. I knew that he'd had sex before and I was terrified that my sexual ignorance would make for a disappointing time for him, and inevitably he would realize that he had better options.

        We spent the afternoon picking up some last-minute items, toothbrushes, travel bottles, a few new outfits, bathing suits and whatnot, I was beat by the time we settled down on my bed, takeout containers spread out in front of us, and a cheesy made for tv movie flicked on. At some point, I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew I felt Ty slip out of the bed next to me and throw the blanket over my body. I was too exhausted to open my eyes as he rustled around the room trying to quietly dispose of the takeout containers and get his things together to head home. Barely conscious I felt him bend over me and lay a light kiss upon my cheek, "I love you Adelaide" he whispered, moving his hand to brush the hair from my face. I didn't move a muscle, I don't even think I let out a breath until I heard the front door close, and his car pull out of my driveway.

        I couldn't help but wonder if that was the first time he had ever done something like that, I had a bad habit of falling asleep on him, this was just the first time he left when I wasn't completely comatose and could hear him. He loves me, and he has no idea I love him too. Niagara Falls is going to ruin that.

        Without another thought, I dashed out of bed and swiped my phone off my dresser. Panic rising in my throat I dialed Sienna's number. "Mmmm Hello?" she groaned "I'm sorry, were you asleep?" I asked quietly, "Huh? No, it's fine, what's up?" she audibly yawned on the other end of the phone. "I'm worried about Niagara Falls Si" my voice cracked and the tears threatened to spill out. "Okay, okay. Let me move to another room so we can talk" she replied quietly, "Is Kai there? I'm so sorry Si, I don't want to interrupt" I said as I heard her feet shuffle across the floor and the soft click of her bedroom door closing. "It's fine Addie" she reassured me "I just don't want to wake him, my best friend needs me, I'm here, talk to me" she said, her tone soft and full of concern.

        I told her everything, the words spewing from me so quickly I felt like they would never end. "He told you he loves you?!" she squealed "No, he told what he thought was my sleeping body that he loves me, he doesn't know that I hear him Sienna" I huffed. "And you're having a mental breakdown over that because you're afraid the sex will be bad?" she laughed. "It's not funny! He has the experience, and I'm just an embarrassing virgin" I dragged my free hand down my face. "Addie honestly, everyone was a virgin at some point or another, including your perfect Tyler. The point is, he loves you. So even if the first time you guys have sex ends up in disaster, he will still love you. You will practice together and find each other's grooves, and you'll be able to experience the magnificence that is sex" she said with a tone full of wonder "and the best part is" Sienna continued "your sex will be full of LOVE" she heavily emphasized that last word.

        "You do love him back don't you?" she asked. "Of course I do Si, I just haven't told HIM that yet" I sighed. "Then relax, let it happen if that's what you want, and if you're too worried, just talk to him babe. Ty thinks the world of you Addie, he will understand". "Maybe you're right, thanks Si" I smiled slightly even though she couldn't actually see it. "Of course, anytime babe. Now I'm going back to my man, all this talk has made me ravenous" she growled. "Oh my god. Goodnight Si" I laughed, ending the call. I actually felt a lot better after talking with Sienna. Talk to him, I could do that, I would do that.

        With that plan in mind, I walked over to my closest and pulled out Ty's black hoodie that he had yet to take back and slipped it on. I collapsed back into my bed and let myself drift off to sleep, replaying the words "I love you Adelaide" over and over again in my head