chubby

After the first class before lunch
About 12 pm

Portia walked down the long hallway toward the staircase, taking her time since most of her class was headed the same way, and she didn't want to be anywhere near them, so she sauntered.

Also, it was almost lunchtime, and she hadn't a clue where she would go for that block of time. So she was taking her time getting to her locker.

Unbeknownst to her, it wasn't just her rowdy classmates; it was the other students in the school, too, but it wasn't just because it was lunchtime, the universal sign for recess for the older school-aged children. No downstairs on the first floor, just near her locker, a commotion was brewing.

"Aye, hold this- no, I will not hold ya nuts." The young girl rolled her eyes, upset because that was such a nasty thing to say, and she was already tired of hearing it. Even though this was the second time she had heard it, the first time was more than enough.

The young boy tapped her shoulder but slid in front of her instead of waiting for her to turn around, "Tell me who said that, but no, hold this for me, please. When I come to get it, I'll whoop whoever ass said that to you." He handed her his book bag and ran down the hallway with her hot on his tail,

"Ass? Wait, hold on!" She could barely be heard over the commotion of students beginning to shout as the fight was about to start,

She was pulled back against the wall near the lockers,
"Uh uh, don't go that way."
She huffed as she was now left holding this heavy bag for who knows how long.

Kentrell

I can't believe I did that. I don't know what came over me and where any of that came from. I just was worried for her, and it was as if she didn't even realize she was walking into any danger. I could let that happen to her, not while I'm standing here. I headed down the hallway toward the altercation because he saw a few teachers walking by in the adjacent hallway.

When I got closer, Ben was whooping ass, and I glanced down the corridor and I instantly grabbed him and turned him to the lockers,

"Too little too late. To the office."

I huffed right along with him as I turned us both in the direction of the school office. When we arrived, the other dude Ben was fighting was leaving through the opposite office door.

Ben was called into the office, and I continued to sit and wait for him. But what confused me was when I heard the door open again before quickly closing again.

It felt like hours sitting there, but just a few minutes before Ben left the office. I followed behind him, and we both headed home since the day was pretty much over.

We stopped at the local bodega for 2.50 toasted and slushy pineapple juice chilled. We were now waiting on our bus but decided to walk because food and open food weren't allowed on the bus.

We stood on the sidewalk on Ben's porch, enjoying our food and drinks and the cool afternoon air, planning on taking a much-needed nap afterward.

I flipped the white paper disgusted with myself for how fast I ate my food and left nothing behind on the sandwich wrapper. And damn near my entire drink too! Embarrassing!

I shouldn't be eating like this but I don't know how to change it. And what made me feel worse was seeing Benjamin still eating and his drink still almost full.

I would usually chalk it up to the heat and the long school day and how long ago lunch was but that's not it and I know it.

Also, I touched that girl's arm earlier she was so soft. That patch of skin was so warm. But touching her made me nervous and I couldn't believe I did that and no one else saw I don't think so I couldn't tell anyone but boy was it invigorating.

But just thinking about that small but short encounter made me so bewildered and I just had to eat. And overeat I did.

I tried not to make too much noise because I didn't want to draw more attention to my empty containers. I felt embarrassed enough. I just kept looking around to distract myself from feeling bad for myself.

"Let's go. We can finish out food inside." Ben announced as he began gathering his items waiting for me to do the same.

See? This is why he's my best. He knew I had finished my food and drink already but he said "Our" He never lets me feel ashamed. I love him forever.