Chapter 88: Spy stories

The plane ride to Saitama was a relaxing experience on a private charter

The plane ride to Saitama was a relaxing experience on a private charter. The maknaes immersed themselves in online games, enjoying the snacks from the buffet.

Seokjin and Samiya cosied up at the back, her demeanour light and content. You were relieved she wasn't dealing with the stress of an unwelcome pregnancy. However, you sensed Seokjin wouldn't be opposed to fatherhood. They watched a humorous Bollywood series, and Seokjin was earnestly learning Sami's native language.

You smiled, witnessing the love between them, despite the past troubles caused by a mere intern. Sitting next to your tired soulmate, Taelove, who had an intense dance rehearsal the previous day, you encouraged him to rest. Jungkook and Jimin were the only awake maknaes. Jhope and Yoongi shared laughter over the buffet, watching silly K-pop memes.

Namjoon engaged in a deep conversation with Sejin about the boys' schedule. Your eyes widened at multiple notifications from your mom, Lui-Mei, and the girl crew, all wishing you a safe trip.

 Your eyes widened at multiple notifications from your mom, Lui-Mei, and the girl crew, all wishing you a safe trip

You check your messages and decide to respond to your mom first.

Mom: Hey baby, are you doing well? Still, keeping up with a healthy diet?

You smile, recognizing your energetic mom's typical inquiry.

You: Hi Ama! Yes, we're on a flight to Saitama. I'm well-fed, and everything's on schedule. How's everything back home?

Mom: Good to hear. Everyone's fine, and the restaurant is thriving. I need to discuss something serious with you—Dylan's mom spoke to me about the incident that strained your friendship. The Wangs had dinner with us, and Dylan is genuinely sorry. He claims it was just an innocent kiss.

You snort, recalling the pain he caused you and Taelove, and contemplate forgiving him.

You: Ama, Dylan did it intentionally. He knew what he was doing, sabotaging my relationship. I don't want to be friends with him anymore. I'm considering something serious for my postgraduate studies.

Mom: I've taught you to forgive, and I know Dylan made mistakes. He struggles to let go; you've been close since diaper days. He loves you deeply.