Introduction

A crash made us look up from our lunch

A crash made us look up from our lunch. One of the main branches of our beloved Pixie Tree was falling towards us. We leapt out of the way just in time and watched in great sorrow as the limb fell with a splash into the sea below.

There was great mourning among the fairies. Over the next few months the trees vitality diminished drastically.

A council meeting was called for the small population of fairies that lived in and around the tree. It was decided that a solution should be found.

A young, blonde fairy sat near the back. After the meeting she sat with her friends near the edge of the sea.
"Perhaps, we can seek out other fairies to help us," suggested Camilla. "Perhaps they have had a similar problem and could help us fix ours?" I floated down into the sea and started creating swirls of water that filled the air in thin tendrils.
"We haven't seen any other fairies for years, we don't even know if others exist." Maci placed on the boardwalk, her wings fluttering in frustration. "We could try to make a deal with the trolls?"
"That would be too scary!" Cried Pauline, looking terribly frightened. Stella thought to herself as she swirled another stream of water into the air. She looked out at the vast sea. It seemed to stretch endlessly away from them. And then, something came back to her.

•••

"Stella, this is one of our best kept secrets," her father told her. They were in the tiny sitting room and her father had pulled some books from the shelf to reveal a hidden safe. He then extracted a dusty book from within and carefully set it on the side table.
"What is it?" Stella asked.
"This has been passed down in our family since they fled the Troll invasion." He carefully blew away the dust and ran a hand over it. "Your great-great grandparents sacrificed everything to keep it safe, and now it's our job to keep it safe and hidden. But I wanted to show you something in it." Stella's father worked deep in the Pixie Tree. He sighed and continued, "the Tree is still producing dust, but not as great of a quality as when I started out, or even from when I was a child. I think there's something wrong. I remember my grandpa showing me a magical formula in here..." he paused and flipped through the pages. Then he found it and pointed to the title: A Faerie's Last Oddment. Stella stared at the page and was puzzled. Her father chuckled and said, "it was written long ago, but basically if you collect all of these items," here he pointed to the list on the page, "then you are able to have a wish." He looked at her and smiled. "If you were to collect these items, what would you wish for?" Stella didn't hesitate,
"A whole cart of honey drops!" Her father laughed.

•••

Stella whipped around, spraying water on her friends. There were cries of dismay, but Stella flew up in their faces and said, "I know how to save the Pixie Tree!"
"How?" Asked Genevieve, shaking water droplets off her dress.
"By doing something my father showed me years ago." And with that Stella took off towards her home, with her friends speeding after her.

•••

Hey readers! Check out my good friends @goldenskies_111 and @YARTEW

They've got some great stories.