Ranting about idiots in my class

So my best friend is depressed. Severely depressed. And she has good days and bad days. Her situation is kind of complicated with her triggers and other mental health troubles. Today actually started out really good. And then we had lunch.

    Again, it started pretty good. We were held over by our Spanish teacher, again.

Joy.

    Not that I don't like Spanish class, but I don't really like how we learn it. I feel like I would enjoy it more in some other way, but I don't know how that could be. Maybe I actually don't like Spanish class...

By the way I'm literally typing everything that goes through my head in this rant.

    So me and my friend are really annoyed because we just lost like five minutes of our fifteen minute lunch period, not including us getting our food from the kitchen and sitting down with our friend.

    So even though that was absolutely delightful, lunch otherwise was pretty good. I wasn't talking to her for a minute (I'm just going to call her K)

I was talking to our friend (H I'll call her) when we heard her talking to the people near us. She was crying a frustrated and we knew that they had been insulting her or something.

I tried to pull her from the situation, while H waved over a teacher and moved to her other side, where the people had been sitting. K was crying and me and H were trying to do whatever we could to calm her down.

I'm skipping most of what happened next, but she basically just told a teacher what had happened while another staff member at our school talked to the people involved.

I found out from her telling the teacher that they found something and were telling everyone about it. She's had problems like this in the past, and I think that she just doesn't have the mental defenses to protect herself. This was so much of her life last year that she was in the hospital, more than once.

She didn't come back to class after lunch, and people were motioning to me and H what happened and why was she crying. I tried to express that it wasn't their business, although I don't think they understood what I meant. I also don't know if they kept asking either.

And the people that were involved just had these shit-eating grins like they were proud of themselves. It's times like this that I really hate going to a religious school (among other things, but that's a whole other rant)

I'm not allowed to punch someone.

And what bothers me the most was that not even three minutes earlier, we were singing that circus song from those Madagascar movies and laughing. And they brought her down so quickly. Me and H couldn't even help! I don't know how to help her, and neither does K. These is absolutely nothing that we can do but watch for su!c!d@l behaviors.

What is wrong with our world? My mom didn't ever have to think about a friend taking their own life, but I watch my friend like a hawk to make sure that she doesn't hurt herself! And those people who caused her meltdown didn't even get a punishment. All I know of was a "stern talking-to."

I'm sorry but what will that do for her?

Nothing is going to stop these idiots from constantly attacking her like this, and she can't even do anything to stop them, because she can't act like it doesn't bother her or leave the situation. They just do this because they know that she's going to get worked up, and they think it's funny that she has meltdowns.

I don't know what to do.

I'm sorry for potentially wasting your time, but I really just needed to rant to someone outside of the situation because it's getting to me at this point. Anxiety because you think your best friend will end it all is not something people should have to deal with.

If anyone wants to talk, ever, feel free to pm me.