Chapter 1

———-
Warning: This whole FanFic will contain swearing.
———-

Tom stumbled up from his bed. Fuck, how much did he drink last night? 3 bottles? 4? It didn't matter. It wouldn't change the fact he had a massive hangover, and a splitting headache.

Tom didn't even bother to tell Edd yesterday about him drinking. He knew that if he did, Edd would be screaming and shouting at him today. Something about "You know you're a horrible drunk!", whatever that means.

Tom sighed, and went inside Edds flat. He didn't even knock, he just went in. He went to sit down, wanting to have a nice relaxing breakfas-

"Ahem."

Shit. Edd.

Tom sighed, and put on the best smile his mean face could give.
"Morning, Edd." He said, "How was your sleep?"

"Matt said he heard you come in last night. At 2am, and most importantly, drunk." Edd cocked an eyebrow, giving a disapproving look.

Tom sighed once again. Edd was good at this.
"Don't worry. Nothing happened." Tom murmured.

"Nothing happened? Nothing happened!? It's not about 'nothing happening', it's about the fact that something could happen! Someone could happen!" Edd groaned.

Ever since Tord blew up their house, Edd has been on high alert. If Tom didn't know any better, it had gave Edd trust issues, or something. Almost paranoia.

But as much as it pained him to say, who could blame the poor guy? I mean, it's obvious that Tord left a huge traumatic scar on all of them, but it definitely impacted Edd the most.

Tom sighed. "Edd, he's most likely dead. I mean, we- I shot him with a harpoon, and then the whole robot blew up! I doubt he would have survived that."

Edd only gave Tom a look that can kill.

"Don't act dumb, Tom. He's still alive, I know it!... And I know you do too." And with that, Edd walked away.

The worst part is, that he knew Edd was correct. He knew, Tord was still alive.

- flashback -

"Tord! Welcome back!" Edd says, with a cheery grin. He hugs Tord.

"Welcome back!?" Tom shrieks, outraged. He never thought he had to see his Ex again. After he left to 'make it in the big city'. He didn't even tell Tom, his boyfriend since high school, that he was leaving, he just left!

Tord smirks at them all, but mostly at Tom.
"I hope you don't mind me letting myself in." He smirks harder.

"No, not at all!... Who are you?" Matt says, confused.

Everyone looks at Matt.

"It's me!.. Tord?" Tord says, a bit confused himself now.

"Erm." Matt murmurs.

"He used to live here?" Edd says in a deadpanned voice. Oh, right, Tom now remembered what was going on.

"Erm."

"Yeah, USED to!" Tom hissed.

"You really don't remember?" Tord nervously chuckled.

- flashback -

Everything after that was a blur. Tom couldn't tell if it was the hangover, or the headache. Or even maybe his brain, maybe thinking about what happened, made the scar sting a bit more. Whatever it is, it annoyed him.

He sighed, and went back to his flat. He wasn't hungry anymore. And it was obvious Edd wasn't in the mood for cooking.

Tom slowly went out the door, but before closing it, he heard Edd and Matt.

"Edd... Is Tom okay? After what Tord did, he's become more of an alcoholic than before." Matt asks, rubbing his shoulder a bit.

There was an uneasy silence for a moment.
"... I think it's just Toms way of coping, Matt. I'm sure he means no harm." Edd gave a sad smile at Matt.

"So... why are you always so hard on him?" Matt asked. Even Tom wanted to know the answer.

Edd sighed.
"Because who knows if Tord is alive? Who knows if he could strike at our most vulnerable? Tords unpredictable, even before he left. But now it's worse, because we are on his radar." Edd looked down at the ground, sadly.

"But... Don't you miss hi-" Tom slammed the door shut. He couldn't bare listen to Matt finishing that question. It hurt too much to hear. Too much to imagine. Tord was gone.

And even is he was alive, he was never coming back.

———
704 words