explaining the situation

(Please keep in mind that I have not seen the clip of Shelby talking about this, so I may end up leaving things out, but just I know it is not intentional.)

Shelby (AKA Shubble) recently spoke out about how she had an abusive (now ex) boyfriend who would bite her to the point of brusing, and continued to bite her even after she safeworded. She did not say a name, because she was afraid to do so, which is understandable given the situation. Despite her not having said who it was, though, people were quick to connect the dots over to Wilbur Soot, for reasons such as:

-His history of 'playfully' biting his friends. (Including that one time when Niki said on stream that he keeps biting her)

-The clip of him stomping on Tommy's hand.

-Him hitting Technoblade's bad arm, and also claiming to not have hit his bad arm on purpose.

-Quackity talking about him being rude when they first met.

-The holes in his walls seen in Fundy's UK vlog.

-Referencing a minor and a freshly 18 person having s3x and using handcuffs.

-Referencing giving a freshly 18 person (Ranboo) a bl•wj•b.

-Songs such as "Your New Boyfriend", "Your Sister Was Right", etc.

-And more that I'm struggling to think of. Please comment any more red flags of his that you can think of <3

And not long after Shelby spoke out about the situation, Wilbur confirmed that it was him by posting this "apology" on Twitter:

"In the past week a series of allegations have been made over my conduct from an ex-girlfriend. I want to emphasise that, although I feel it fair to offer my perspective, this person's feelings are completely valid. I have taken my time sharing this statement as I wanted to process and respond respectfully and with the hope to gain a deeper understanding for the situation.

During our relationship's final months, I regrettably became slobbish, disrespectful, and selfish. These actions caused a lot of pain to my ex-girlfriend and I've since sought therapy to address these behaviours, making significant lifestyle changes to rectify my past actions. I have come to realise how much my past behaviour hurt this person, but I truly, compassionately believe I have made great strides from the person I once was and hope I can continue to grow and improve on this trajectory."

TL;DR - He says he finds it fair to offer his perspective, saying he's changed alot, and is going to therapy.

"The allegation of abuse, particularly in the form of biting, deeply shocked me. Throughout our relationship, I understood from our numerous conversations and text message exchanges on the subject, that this behaviour was consensual, playful, and reciprocally enjoyed. I truly believe those personal message exchanges reflect mutual affection and understanding. Out of respect for her, I choose not to publish them and I emphasise my perspective is not shared to diminish or invalidate anyone's feelings. Instead I share it in the hope that I can offer a genuine, fair and relevant insight into my understanding of the situation. While I may perceive our interactions differently, I recognise that this person has processed and expressed feelings of hurt. I want to extend my sincerest apologies for any pain that I caused.

I am fully committed to understanding and addressing her concerns going forward. I hope my perspective sheds light on this situation without detracting from its message. I am dedicated to earning and maintaining the trust of those around me and hope I continue to held to these high standards I wish to attain and maintain.

-Will"

TL;DR - He starts off the message with "The allegation of abuse" ignoring that these are not just allegations. He claims that the biting was consensual and that Shelby enjoyed it, which she did NOT. He says that he is going to continue trying to change for the better, which is very, very unlikely.

Many people in the MCYT fandom have been talking about how friends of Wilbur's must feel, such as Tommy, who saw him as an older brother figure

Many people in the MCYT fandom have been talking about how friends of Wilbur's must feel, such as Tommy, who saw him as an older brother figure. While it is completely valid to be worried about his friends and how they're feeling right now, we need to focus on Shelby. Though she is obviously not the only victim, she needs to be our main focus right now. Regardless of who you're worried about, whether you were a fan of Wilbur's or not, or whether you're even in the fandom, we need to focus on supporting and comforting Shelby. Do what you can to spread the word of the situation and help more people become aware of what is going on and what Wilbur has done, and support Shelby and other victims of abuse.

This is not about Tommy.

This is not about Phil.

This is not about Quackity.

This is not about Techno.

This is not about Wilbur.

This is not about you.

This is about Shelby.

#ShubbleSupportSquad