Chapter 1: Reunion with an Old Rival?

Hey guys RoseSaiyan2 here again! Back with another new take on the Flame and Crimson story. It's  becoming like a mini universe of stories. Just think of it in the context of Xenoverse... like the Dragon Ball Super version of Goku and Xenoverse or Time Patroller Goku. Think of these stories and the main Oc like that.

Yang is the main girl, this time around so.. this should be a little interesting to write. Since I've done the whole Initiation test thing twice in 2 different stories, I'm going in a bit of a different direction this time. So i'll try my best to make the story interesting and not directly following the story of RWBY so much. I may still reference it for the main story events, but this.. will be a little bit of a different take on my first story.

Won't do character polls this time because I do have an idea of which characters end up together and plus... it's more fun to see the story dictate those outcomes. Anyways, enough of my rambling onto the story!

Disclaimer: I don't own the Characters of RWBY, Black Clover, or Dragon Ball Z/ Kai/ Super and their characters. I only own the Oc's and the overall plot of this story.

Chapter 1: Reunion with an old Rival?

Location: Beacon Academy

Time: Somewhere around 1 in the morning

Team Rwby had turned in for the night after a full day on campus. Our resident Blonde Brawler sleeping soundly in her bed. Or.. she was until she had a certain dream, causing her to toss and turn in her bed.

A/N: For context, this will be somewhere in between Jaundice and the beginning of the episodes in cannon titled "Black and White".

Within the scope of Yang's mind, she saw herself back on Patch. A younger version of herself and... a boy with dark blue hair were seen to be sparring or as they liked to say "play fighting".  This younger version of herself was merely a child, probably around 7 or 8 years old. The mysterious boy with dark blue hair down to just above his shoulders was the same age as her. Yang wasn't sure how she knew that, but somehow, she just did.  She saw herself within her younger self as she was knocked down again.

"No fair, Hunter! You hit too hard!," Yang's younger self complained.

The blue haired boy reached a hand down towards her as he smirked at her.

"Well if you didn't try so hard to take my head off, I wouldn't have had to hit back Yang.," The boy said. "And anyway.."

Yang raised a curious eyebrow towards him.

"It's Odyn, got it? Only my family calls me Hunter anymore.," The boy explained.

The younger Yang seemed to understand that and nodded.

"I still can't beat you in a fight...,"Yang said somberly.

The boy smirked at her.

"So? You're really gonna let one defeat from me sink you? Huh.. guess it's my win then.," the boy said antagonistically.

The blonde didn't know why, but something about that smug look rubbed her the wrong way. Her eyebrow twitched in annoyance at the boy's smug look towards her. This caused the girl to shoot towards her feet.

"Hey, I never said I wouldn't beat you eventually!," Yang said angered.

The boy looked towardsher again smugly.

"Ohh? You sure about that, blondie? It sure sounded like you were throwing in the towel to me.," He said again to irritate the girl.

An angry vein appeared on her head as she then spoke again, challenging him.