Chapter Ten

Today, I wear a contact lens and tied my hair up into a ponytail with a white ribbon. I put a hairpin on my front bang behind my ear. I wear a sunscreen as usual and put on a light powder. Then I put a pink lip balm to not make my lips look dry and pale.

Although we can't wear any makeup except for sunscreen and colourless lip balm, there are a lot of students who secretly wear it and brought them to school. Even Jane who used to be a prefect isn't an exception. A lot of prefects even help their friends to hide their makeups when there's a spot check.

Lastly, I wear a body mist from BBW. I go to my brother's bedroom to search for my socks. Then my brother came in and stop when he saw me. He looks at me in astonishment, as if the sun has risen from the west.

"What's gotten into you? Why did you suddenly dress up before coming to school?" My brother looks at me strangely.

"I just feel like to dress up. What's wrong?"

"You look ugly." He says that to tease me.

"Is that so? If you're so handsome, then try coming to school without your mask," I say sarcastically.

"I don't want to. I'm another version of Kim Do Ha after all," he says and I almost vomit right then and there. How could he compare himself to Kim Do Ha from My Lovely Liar? Comparing them would be like comparing the heaven and earth.

"Stop talking nonsense and let's get going. We have ten more minutes." I find my socks and sit on his bed to put it on.

"Wait. I think I need to go to the toilet first," he says while holding his stomach. I instantly give him a death glare.

"If you go right now, we will be late to school. So try holding it. Hey!" I began to shout when he is running to the toilet. Then I sigh as there's nothing I could do to stop him.

Thanks to that, we are late for twenty minutes. I'm thankful that the one who listed the name of the students coming late is not Ryder or anyone I know. I'm not the only one coming late as there's a line of students waiting for their name to be listed. Two minutes later, it's my turn.

"What's your name?"

"Nina."

"Form?"

"Form 4."

"Class?"

"Economy."

"Are you a new student? I have never seen your face before," the prefect asks me. I look at him in surprise.

"No. I have been here since form one," I answer honestly.

"Really? There's no way I wouldn't notice someone pretty like you." Hearing that, I just smile. As expected, I'm being hit on. He looks to be younger than me so I just excuse myself and go to my class.

I take a long way to go to my class. I'm quite nervous to be honest. This is the first time I go to school without my glasses. As soon as I step into the class they all went quiet and look at me. I lower my head and go to my seat beside Jane.

"Is that you, Nina?" Jane asks.

"Who else could it be if not me?" I roll my eyes.

"No kidding, you look so cute. The ribbon matches perfectly with you. It gives such an innocent vibe," Jane says with a wide grin.

"Wow. Ryder will surely be infatuated when he sees you," Mika compliment.

"Stop it. You guys make me blush."

"Nina!" I look at the front class door to see Aya is running towards me with excitement. She look at me with her eyes sparkling, as if she is looking at a gem.