𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

In hindsight, it was not that smart to challenge an original to a drinking contest.

Sitting with a drink in hand leaning against the bar Ophelia felt as if she could finally relax. Her life had been nothing but hectic since she returned from France. Since she was born really. So, to finally take a day for herself was something she desperately needed. Even her outfit reflected it, wearing a faded Queen band tee, light wash jeans, and scuffed sneakers.

The bar had an old feel to it, with warm lighting and classic jazz music playing. The bar top and bar stools were a dark wood. Located just on the edge of the French Quarter. However, it was quite empty since it was still early in the day.

It wasn't until an hour later that a familiar face entered, the face of Rebekah Mikaelson, and it seemed that she too noticed her as she walked over to her sitting beside her ordering her own drink. "Didn't expect to see you here, especially this early," she commented as she downed her drink.

"Decided to take a day for myself," she told the blonde, having missed the friendship they once held, and since this was a day for herself she was going to spend time with an old friend without any pain.

"I can understand that", Rebekah chuckled before ordering another drink. "Brothers can be so annoying. Do you have any?"

"Once upon a time," Ophelia replied with a fond smile remembering the family she once had before it was stripped from her. But before she could wallow in her grief she pushed those emotions to the back of her mind to be dealt with later. Turning to the blonde original she smirked resting her head in her hands as an amazing idea came to her. "We should get drunk."

"Yeah right," the original scoffed with a smile.

"Is that a challenge?"

"You're on."

☆☆☆

Quickly glasses turned to bottles and before the two vampires knew it they were very drunk, and in their drunk minds, they decided to go shopping. Their laughter echoed through the jazz-filled streets as they stumbled into one of the many boutiques in the French Quarter, their coordination not quite matching their enthusiasm. Liquor bottles in hand they rummaged through the racks of clothing, having compelled the employees to close the shop for them and ignore their alcohol.

"Oh, this would be perfect for you," Rebekah grinned holding a midnight blue gown up to Ophelia's body. It's beautiful, she thought staring down at it, with a deep V-neck, spaghetti straps and a high slit. "We need to get it."

With a rare smile on her face, Ophelia felt free, having nothing to worry about, able to let loose. Searching for something for the blonde she found a stunning silver dress for her. Taking another swig of her tequila she showed her friend her discovery.

Two more bottles later and the two turned up the music playing in the store from the speakers and couldn't resist trying on an array of eclectic outfits, ranging from sequined evening gowns to oversized fur coats, having their own mini fashion show. Laughter filled the air as the two danced around the store in their expensive dresses.

There were no witches after her, and no vampires to take care of, just her and her former friend who no longer shared memories with her. But she refused to dwell on it, choosing instead to be optimistic for the first time in what felt like centuries and move forward.

☆☆☆

Collapsing back onto her bed giggles filled the air as the evening light shined through the balcony windows of her bedroom casting a warm glow across her white walls. Shopping bags were scattered across the wood floor. Her room was quite different to the other rooms in the compound, rather than being encased in darkness hers was filled with light, from her pale green and gold armoire beside her door, gold gilded mirror leaning against the wall, scattered plants, shelves of books, and vintage wooden bedframe. Sitting up with a grin Ophelia pulled Rebekah up after her, the two turning to face each other sitting cross-legged on her soft white linen sheets.

"I have to tell you something," Rebekah drunkenly not-so-whispered. "I hooked up with Marcel."

"No..." Ophelia muttered unable to stop her brain from picturing it. A shudder ran down her spine as the picture ran through her brain.

"Shh! It's a secret."

"That's a bad secret." Ophelia drunkenly not-so-whispered back, before perking up when she remembered something. "I have a secret too! But you can't tell anyone 'cause it's a secret." As if she had confessed to murder Rebekah nodded with the utmost seriousness, well as much as she could muster while drunk. "I think Elijah's hot. Like smoking hot."

"Whoa..."

☆☆☆

Walking with a purpose Marcel made his way through the starlit compound he called home, passing many younger vampires preparing to leave to have some fun, as the night was in full swing. For he needed to talk to and confide in one of his closest friends, Ophelia Beaumont. As he neared the wooden door to her bedroom his worry blossomed in his chest when he couldn't hear anything inside, he was sure she was home as one of his newer vampires told him so. So, when all he could hear was radio silence, he began to think something was wrong.

Cautiously turning the gold-coated handle and pushing the old wooden door open Marcel let out a quiet sigh of relief at the sight before him. Ophelia Beaumont and Rebekah Mikaelson curled up together on her bed fast asleep. Two very dangerous vampires, able to kill someone before they could blink looked more like young girls after a night out. For that's what they were at heart, two young girls who craved for the love and affection they never received. Shaking his head with a soft smile Marcel looked at the two for a moment longer before leaving turning the lights off as he did. He was happy to see Ophelia let loose, something she didn't do as often as she should. Not knowing how badly she would need it for what was to come.

A//N: 

Hey! Hoped you enjoyed this happy little filler, it was so fun to write. See you guys next Thursday!  

Don't forget to like and vote!!!