To Tranquil waters: Furina x reader

Requested by JustBaraa12

(The original request was a male reader, but I figured the gender didn't really matter.)

Contains spoilers for the Fontaine Archon Quest

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You stare out the window at the sunset and hear the heavy rainfall patter on the roof of your little house. Earlier that day, you had heard from The Steambird that the rain was speculated to last the whole night, but you had other matters to worry about.

How... just how am I supposed to tell her? 

You sit there in silence for what seemed like forever, recalling your traumatic past. You had been raised in an ordinary Fontainian family who lived peacefully just outside the Court of Fontaine, unaware of the terrible events to happen in the near future.

But it was that day. That fated day. You had stood there, in shock and horror, tears running down your eyes. To witness the death of your loved ones had been unbearable, and the next thing you knew, you had run from the the scene as fast as your legs could carry you.

The months following that incident had been so horribly painful that just thinking back to it made you shudder. But then, some months after, you found yourself in an unimaginable situation. You were dragging your feet along a path towards the centre of The Court of Fontaine, when suddenly, you were stopped by a young lady in blue.

It was Furina. THE Furina. You could hardly believe your eyes. Was it really her? The same person who was onstage in the Opera Epiclese not long ago? The same person who had been cursed for 500 years to put on a performance? Yes. It was her. What was she doing strolling around Fontaine like an ordinary person? Oh right... 

"Hey... I remember you. Your mother used to always take you to my performances!" Those were her first words to you. She then saw the pained look on your face.

"Oh? Anything wrong?" She asked, leaning in a little closer.

"Oh, no, nothing!" You had replied, hoping she would just brush it off. And thankfully, she did.

"Hey... why don't I invite you to Cafe Lutece? We could have a nice chat and a little snack. Mmm... I'm craving some Rainbow Macarons, let's go!"

Over the next few months, your relationship with Furina grew and grew. You two would now do everything together; shopping, running errands, going to cafes, strolling... and eventually, you had won her heart.

But Furina had noticed something off about you.

You had hidden it for too long now. You had to tell her.

Zoning back into reality, you heard a soft knock on the door.

"Coming!" 

You get up, smooth your clothes slightly and open it, surprised to see Furina standing there, holding a large white box. 

"I sent you a letter earlier today saying I would drop by for a visit. I brought some cakes, too!"

Oh, right. You had totally forgotten.

"It's wonderful to see you, Furina. But..."

"Hmm? What is it?"

"Come to the living room. I... I have something to tell you."

Furina put the cakes down on the dining table and, without another word, followed you into the living room where you both sat down.

"Y/N... I have noticed something off about you. As much as I love you... there's always been something off."

You took a deep sigh. "Yes, I know... that's what I'm planning to discuss with you today..."

Over the next few minutes, you start rapidly blurting out your traumatic past to her.

"Furina... I'm so sorry I kept this from you for so long... I just thought you would..." You paused your sentence to sob, tears streaming down your eyes. You buried your head into a pillow, trying to hide your tear-stained face, although it was no use.

Then you felt a hand, gently stroking your hair. You look up and Furina reaches for a tissue with her other hand and wipes the tears off your face. 

"Y/N... I'm so sorry. To think that you've been hiding this from me this whole time... what a burden it must have been. I've felt the same way too... and I can't imagine that you've been through the same thing."

"I'm so glad I have you now..." You say, choking back tears.

She smiles at you.

"Me too... I was so lonely before. Cursed for 500 years to put on a performance and pretend to be the Hydro Archon. But now, I'm free, living as an ordinary human. And I've got you, and you've got me. Whatever hardships come next, we'll conquer them together."

A few silent minutes pass, and only the sound of the heavy rainfall outside could be heard.

But then, you feel a sudden surge of warmth and happiness. Breathing in deeply, you pull her into a tight embrace. You started crying again, but this time, tears of happiness. 

"Y/N... I love you..."

"Me too... I don't know what I'd do without you..."

The hug lasts for who knows how long, before you pull away and turn your eyes to the large box of cakes sitting on the dining table.

You both look at each other. You both knew what it meant. Furina grabs your hand and drags you over to the dining table, where she sat down and opened the box.

"I've got your favourite... La Lettre a Focalors!"

She serves it on a plate and hands it to you. 

"Hey, Furina... would you mind staying here for the night?"

"Not at all! In fact, I would love to."

You two eat your cake in silence, listening to the rainfall outside and eagerly thinking about what the future would hold.