✗ CHAPTER SIXTEEN ✗

It's finally here... The finale T^T

I hope you enjoy <3

•───•⋆✩₊˚ ʚ♡ɞ ˚₊✩⋆•───•

"Come on. Let's go."

Seonghwa's grip tightened on my wrist as he pulled me along, his silence adding to the tension. I tried to get him to explain, calling out his name, but he remained resolutely silent, leading me out of the store without a word. "Seonghwa!" I called, growing more confused and concerned by his behavior. "What's gotten into you all of a sudden?" I asked, my voice rising slightly in frustration. "Hello? Where are we going?" But he continued to lead me forward without a response.

Finally, he abruptly stopped, his back still turned to me. "Um... so, the thing is, Hongjoong," he began, his voice hesitant.

"Yes?" I prompted, trying to understand what was going on.

He turned to face me, and his expression was... different. There was a sadness in his eyes, and it seemed like he was holding something back. His jaw was clenched, and he avoided meeting my gaze, looking down instead. "You can't stop there. Go on, tell me what this is all about," I urged, feeling a knot of anxiety form in my stomach.

He took a step closer to me, his voice barely above a whisper. "Are you closer to Jooheon than me?" he asked suddenly, catching me completely off guard.

"What?" I blinked, confused by the question. "Jooheon hyung? What does he have to do with anything? Do you still think we're playing those silly games?" I shook my head, trying to make sense of his words.

"I just... I like it when he's around you," Seonghwa admitted, his voice tinged with insecurity. "It makes me wonder about how you guys met, the nature of your relationship, and all that. It stresses me out," he confessed, his gaze still averted.

I took a step back, stunned by his words. "Why would you think that?" I asked, trying to wrap my head around his jealousy. "He's just a friend, Seonghwa. Nothing more."

My hand rested gently on Seonghwa's shoulder, offering what comfort I could muster as I gave him a soft smile. "I know I don't have the right to tell you who you can be friends with, but... it bothers me that we run into him so often," I confessed, my voice tinged with unease. "How the hell does he know that we're dating? How does he even know that you're gay...?"

Seonghwa's expression was pained as he looked up at me, his eyes searching for reassurance. "Umm..." I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly, feeling the weight of his emotions. "First of all, we're not that close... like at all," I explained, looking away to avoid his gaze.

"It's okay if you guys dated or whatever... just tell me the truth," he mumbled, his voice wavering as he fought back tears.

"What?" I was taken aback by his assumption. "Him? Really?" I grabbed his face, gently pulling him closer to meet my eyes. "Is that what's been on your mind this whole time?" My tone softened as I spoke, my hands dropping to nervously scratch at my hair.

"I didn't tell you because it's kind of embarrassing..." I confessed, feeling a flush of embarrassment at the memory. "He knows I'm gay... but not because I told him. He knows because I got drunk one night and acted out in front of his place, okay?" I sighed, trying to compose myself. "Please don't make me tell this story again. It's so damn embarrassing. Jooheon hyung acts friendly with everyone! The only time I talk to him is when I run across him by chance."