𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗼𝗻 𝘀𝗻𝗮𝗳𝘂

˗ˏˋ【 。⋆ 𝑶𝐍𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒   】ˊˎ˗𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫 ────❝ 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙶𝙸𝚁𝙻 𝚆𝙸𝚃𝙷 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙳𝚁𝙰𝙶𝙾𝙽 𝚂𝙽𝙰𝙵𝚄 ❞

˗ˏˋ【 。⋆ 𝑶𝐍𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒 】ˊˎ˗
𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫 ────
❝ 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙶𝙸𝚁𝙻 𝚆𝙸𝚃𝙷 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙳𝚁𝙰𝙶𝙾𝙽 𝚂𝙽𝙰𝙵𝚄 ❞

─────────────────

𝑳𝐔𝐂𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 the urge not to fall asleep as she sat in class. She tended to enjoy Social Studies, but the early hours of a Monday morning made her wanna grab a pillow and sleep till the bell rang for lunch.

While Lucy was trying not to sleep, on the left of her Max had fully collapsed onto his desk, small snores escaping his mouth.

Their professor was pacing around the classroom, talking about Chinese culture.

"The gong has a variety of uses in China." She walked over to the large gong that stood next to her desk "Allow me to demonstrate the most obvious one. To wake someone up."

With her eyes fixed on Max, she banged the small stick on the gong.

The painful sound in her ears made Lucy's eyes burst open, the longing for sleep escaping her body.

"I'm up! I'm up! I'm up!" Max yelled, immediately waking up.

Sarah turned in her seat toward Phoebe, staring at Max lovingly "Even with all that crusty drool all over his face, he's still adorable."

Phoebe's face scrunched up "Sarah, as your friend, I have to tell you that gong would treat you better than my brother would."

Sarah only giggled, turning back in her seat.

"This week's assignment is to break into groups and do a presentation on Chinese culture." Their professor said.

"Yes!" Lucy heard Max exclaim "I love working in groups."

"Yeah," Lucy spoke up "Just cause you barely have to do anything."

"More like nothing." Max grinned "Now to find a group of nerds to call my own."

Phoebe smiled in offense "All right, I know you're not talking about mine and Lucy's group because we are not nerds."

Sarah, Evan, and Tyler all huddled into a group together. Sarah turned to the girls " Come on, guys, all aboard the A-plus train!"