The Note

Chapter 15:

Nate’s POV

“See. Beautiful.” I said while looking into her eyes.

I don’t get how she couldn’t believe that I would like her. I know I’ve slept with 10 girls, but they didn’t mean anything to me. Not like she does. An angelic voice broke me out of my thoughts.

“Hey Nate? Are we going to make waffles now?” She asked looking up at me.

“Yeah.. Or we could do something else.” I said while wiggling my eyebrows.

“Hm. No! I want some waffles.” She said in a teasing voice.

“Fine. Then we shall make waffles.” I said turning around.

“I don’t know. I’m kind of tired. Could you make them for me?” She said pouting. 

Gosh dammit. She knew she had me there. I can’t resist that cute puppy face. I’m so whipped and we aren’t even dating!

“Sweetheart, come on. You know I can’t resist that face!” I said while giving her my puppy dog face.

She shook her head not responding and sat down on one of the island chairs. I walked over to her and planted a kiss on her lips. I pulled away quickly and looked into her eyes.

“Fine. I will make the waffles.” I said huskily.

“You know what. I don’t think I want waffles anymore.” She said pulling on the collar of my shirt.

“Nuh uh uh. You said you wanted the waffles, and that’s what you’re getting.” I said tapping on her nose.

“Fine.” She said huffing and putting her arms across her chest.

I smirked and turned back around putting the waffle batter into the waffle maker. They take about 15 minutes to make so I turn back around to Carrie. I frowned because she wasn’t there. 

“CARRIE!?” I yelled walking into the living room.

“I-In here!” She yelled back. 

I followed her voice into the living room.

“Where are you?” I said trying to find her.

“A-at the door!” She stuttered back.

“What’s wrong?” I asked softly.

“L-Look!” She said handing me a piece of paper.