Things Are Looking Up

Chapter 26:

Nate’s POV

            God! I love this girl so much. She is anything a guy could ask for. She’s smart, funny, beautiful, and doesn’t complain about everything; and I have her. I actually have her. I have her lying in my arms watching the movie Transformers. You’d think she’d want to watch a chick flick or something girly, but she chose an action movie, which makes me love her even more, and she loves me. Carrie is my sweetheart. Oh god. I sound like a love sick, whipped boy. I won’t deny it though. I would do anything for her and I would do something if she asked me to. I brought her back home after we said we loved each other because I don’t think we should e there anymore with what happened. I’m so glad it’s the weekend.

            If I told myself that I would be in love last week I would have just laughed and said, “Yeah right. Okay.” I have changed a little over the past 7 days. I haven’t been to a single party, haven’t talked to any other girls except Carrie. Not that I talked to a lot in the first place, but you know just a little flirting, here and there. I have only known Carrie for a little over a week now, but we’ve been dating a whole week today. The first time I met her I just wanted to joke around with her and get her all riled up. But now, I want nothing more than to have her happy. Also, I want that creeper put in jail. So that way Carrie can be left alone. Plus, I want to slap her parents so they will wake up and see that their daughter needs them.

“Nate?” Carrie mumbled from my chest.

“Yes, Sweetheart?” I asked.

“I’m so happy you’re here with me. I don’t know what I would do without you. Gosh, now I sound like one of those girls that think they can’t live without a guy. But, I don’t care right now. If it weren’t for you, I would have most likely gotten raped, killed, and many other things. This week you have been here for me in so many different ways that no one hasn’t and I love that. I feel like I can trust you with my life. You have seen me at my worst and at my best. You have seen me without any clothes on, but you did not take advantage of that time. You completely ignored the fact that I was naked and helped me and made sure I was okay. I love you so much.” She said looking into my eyes.

I was speechless. It took me a couple seconds before I could recompose myself.

“I love you so much, Sweetheart. You have no idea how much you mean to me. You are so beautiful, smart, and anything a guy can ask for. You are simply amazing. I feel like I can trust you too. I know I haven’t told you a lot about my life so I promise I will soon. It’s not as exciting as yours. Haha. Just kidding. But, I want you to know that I would do anything for you. Absolutely anything. I love that you are different, in a good way, from other girls.” I said looking into her eyes.

“I love you too Nate. More than I should.” She said sighing.

“What do you mean, ‘More than you should.’?” I asked being very confused.

“I love you so much that I’m scared that I will get hurt down the road.” She said looking away from me.

“Hey, look at me.” I said grabbing her chin gently facing her face towards me.