Chapter 14: A Fresh Start

The TV was on but no one was paying it any attention. Jungkook already had his eyes closed, his arms wrapped around both his husband and son and his head rested on the older's shoulder. Taehyung's eyes were fixed at an empty spot on the wall. His lids were turning heavy as he succumbed to the gentle fondling on his earlobe. Gukkie was sprawled on top of him with his fingers busy on his father's ear, a way to lull himself to sleep.

Taehyung's one hand was on Gukkie's stomach, rising and falling in sync with the boy's deep and slow breathing, while the other was snaked around Jungkook. The three of them were tightly squeezed in at the sofa's corner. People have been saying that they are extraordinarily joined at the hips these days.

The elders have predicted that the twins will definitely look like Taehyung. They say it is evident in Jungkook's extreme eagerness to be close to him all the damn time. Well, he's not complaining. It's so much better than being so wanted one second and then chased away the next. Gukkie, on the other hand, has always been a tad clingy. So there he was, a human bolster each day.

He was sent in a panic when his phone suddenly rang. Good thing it was not out of reach. Despite his grogginess, he immediately took the call without even looking at the name.

"Hmm?"

"Where are you?"

"Home." He whispered.

"Let's get a drink."

"I can't."

"Why?"

"I'm busy."

"What do you mean? What would make you busy?"

"Uh. My family?"

He heard an exasperated outbreath. "The three of you are obsessed with each other."

"That's ridiculous."

"I can hear them breathing from here. Respect space and give it its job."

"But aren't you supposed to be that with your family?"

"Just this one time, let's grab a drink."

"Ask Jimin."

"He's busy."

Taehyung instantaneously bobbed his head, understanding. "Let's just drink here. Jungkook will not allow me to leave."

"Don't fool me. You don't want to leave too."

He chuckled. "But remember, you can't diss Eunwoo in his presence."

"Why will I do that?"

"You'll diss him even if Jungkook's around?"

"No. Why will I do that to him?"

"Are we acting stupid? I don't know because he's taking a lot of Jimin's time and you're jealous?"

"It's for work." Yoongi replied unconvincingly.

"Yes. Work. After-work hours is also for work. Late-night drinks, also for work."

"What do you want me to say?"

"I don't know. You want to say something?"

"I have no right to say anything."

"Then maybe do something about that."

"What do they talk about? What do they even do???"

"Well, your guess is as good as mine."

"This is all Lim's fault."

Taehyung broke into a chuckle. "Seriously, it's high time you do something about the two of you. Since you're so bothered by him going out with someone else."