a test of faith and courage

Will I even be able to survive this fight against Prince Izana?

The two princes in front of me stride in at each other, their wooden swords colliding almost every 5 seconds, as much as I hated to admit this. These two princes were way better at combat than my country's ruler. He knew basic tactics of sword-fighting but to master the art of swords was way difficult.

Zen took a step back, as if to catch his breath and Izana's mouth curled into a smug smile asking," You have grown a little sloppy, might need to spend more time practicing with mistuhide and kiki." He stride to strike first, zen had already expected his attack as he took a defensive position to tackle the attack.

Izana had taken off his sleeved coat, making his forearm visible and the muscles were not as flexed to land a good strike, as I anticipated, Izana twisted his wrist to aim for his stomach, the more time passed it looked less of a sparring session between two brothers more like a real fight. Zen quickly moved his feet back to get out of reach loosening his muscles in his arms. For a split second, Izana's eyes flashed a light as if he knew what to do, he swung his sword to the right from underneath, knocking the wooden sword to be flung into the air.

Zen's jaw tightened as his brother shot him a smirk as too well-known by now. He then shot me a look over his shoulders, taking his half coat and throwing away the practice sword muttering, "I had some doubts but it's confirmed that with those skills you must definitely need another knight by your side. Or perhaps, your feelings are getting heavier to think straight and that is why your decisions are emotional, just like in Laxdo Fort." Zen looked at the ground as if dejected at the things his brother was saying and boy was he making my job easier, if they were on these terms, it might not take me that long here.

"In people's opinions, their prince has become incompetent as he's been keeping commoners by his side, it seems to me that what Lord Haruka said might turn out to be true in the future and you get mistaken as one incompetent prince. " The first prince isn't trying to hold back at all, while he has taken an area out of his jurisdiction and on top of this fight might make him resent him.

To make sure I earn their trust and sympathy, I must do something. Especially Izana doesn't seem like an easy target he is very observant and being around him will make me get figured out sooner or later. I still don't know when the others will make it to the castle and the mission will be done.

Zen is emotionally struggling right now, gotta strike the iron when it's hot.

"Prince Izana" I called his name, his hand stopped as he was about to put his coat on, his eyes lowered to stare at me, taking my gloves off, " My sword-fighting skills might not be as excellent as yours, however, I think that Prince Zen recruited me as a Silver knight was a decision because he loves his country and the people and thinking for the safety of the castle and not because of his feelings."

He faced me with an amused expression," What are you suggesting?" his tone returned to being cold, I must not waver now and chose my words carefully. I will not get beheaded for speaking against the future king was relieving, but to be on his good side was also important as well as Zen's.

He appeared cold towards his brother even in front of a stranger he never met before, but I still felt like it was a brotherly concern in the tone of his voice. He was cold, sure. He was brutally honest and sarcastic, yes but he cared for him and I know that. I need to use both of their trust and if I play the next thing right, I might even get one step closer to earning their trust in me.