Part 1: A New Life?

Hello, and welcome to Hate, or Love?!! Before you begin reading, I have some stuff to say about this:

This is going to be a 5-part story. That's self-explanatory....

This is the SEQUEL to "Me, or Her?"! Meaning, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TO READ THAT 5-PART STORY FIRST, AS THIS TAKES PLACE ALMOST DIRECTLY AFTER WHERE THE PREVIOUS STORY ENDED!!!! Please help me keep my sanity and read the short stories in order, and also save yourself confusion. Please ;-;

Lastly, I'm going to give you the description of the main character (it's in 1st person POV, so... yeah.)

Cedarfrost - white she-cat with a black underbelly and black tail-tip, dark green eyes

Alright you can read now. There's more Author's Note after the story part. Enjoy! :3

~*~*~*~*~*~

I slow down to a walk, breathing heavily from the long run. My heart is beating quickly and feels alive.

But I know that it is broken.

Hawkstrike is his name. I loved him, and he loved me - or so I thought. I swear we were the perfect couple. We could have raised the best kits the Clan has ever known! But that all changed when he so suddenly chose to be mates with Rosebreeze, a no-good she-cat who doesn't deserve that kind of care from any tom, especially Hawkstrike.

I now walk through the forest under the night sky, the crescent moon appearing every now and then through the leaves above. A mass of scents wash over me, and I now know that I have left ForestClan territory - forever.

My heart aches for him so much. But after he practically threatened me to leave ForestClan, I... I don't know what to feel. A cat who you love so dearly, but then forces you out of their life? It's almost too hard to bear.

All my life I've been just waiting to find the perfect tom within the Clan, and what happens? Another worthless she-cat rips him right from me. I feel a deep feeling inside of me, a feeling of - no, it can't be - envy? I don't recall ever feeling envious of anyone in my life. If anything, they're the ones being envious of me. But to get this feeling specifically because of Rosebreeze?

If only Hawkstrike didn't get in my way when I made an attempt on Rosebreeze's life right before he acted as Clan leader and exiled me himself.

Yes, I know that I could have stayed, because he gave the generous choice of me either leaving the Clan or staying but risking my life if I do anything to them.

But now what do I do? I'm alone now, with nowhere to go, no purpose in my life now that I'm gone from the Clan....

I give out a loud, irritated sigh. Deciding that I should just get some sleep, I manage to find a small dip in the ground between to roots of a tree and curl up in that, closing my eyes and struggling to fall asleep.

~~~

I hear something very faint in my sleep, and it keeps growing louder. Rapidly louder.

"Will you be quiet?" I mutter subconsciously. "I'm trying to -"

I instantly wake up, take one glance in the direction of the noise, and sprint the other way. It wasn't long before the dog caught up only several fox-lengths away from me. My sleepiness immediately brushes off of me as I race through the forest, dodging tree trunks and bushes like there's no tomorrow. I can faintly feel the dog's hot, gross breath on my tail-tip and yank my tail between my hind legs so the dog can't close its huge jaws on it, and then I would be done for.